No VRDP option anymore after upgrade to Virtualbox 4.3

• Hello,

I upgraded recently from Virtualbox 4.2 to 4.3.6 on Openmediavault 0.5 , but now I have no remote control option anymore in the Phpvirtualbox menu. I choose Openmediavault precisely over other NAS solutions for this feature. If this is some serious problem I wouldn't upgrade to 4.3 right now.

Here are some screenshots:

Thanks

alf

• Whats the output of

Code
    VBoxManage list extpacks

Please run this command with both root and and the vbox user (you can change to to it with 'su vbox').

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello,

now it works after reinstalling the packages "openmediavault-virtualbox Ver. 0.5.13" and "virtualbox-4.3". I also found a small bug in openmediavault-virtualbox: if there is already a downloaded extension pack in /tmp the script hangs. If you delete everything in /tmp, it works well. Problem seems to be that the script downloads a new extension pack file everytime and names it *.2, *.3 and so on.

Thanks

alf

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugin should be fixed in 0.5.14.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello, i have the same problem

Uninstall and install doesn't fix the problem

• Try to uninstall the extension pack and reinstall it with the vbox user.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Already tryed that but vbox users can't..

• Yes i read it.

Anyone say the bug will fix with the .14

Actually the version is .15

I try it..

EDIT : Ok i remove all in /tmp, uninstall the plugin from the web interface, install

And same issue :(

• Oh my god

I reboot the server ( openmediavault, not just the VM ) and it's works

Sorry and Thanks you for your help

EDIT :

After reboot the vbox user see the extension pack O.o

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added a module restart to the plugin thinking it would fix this problem but I guess a reboot is just mandatory for 4.3 sometimes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!