OMV SMB, I can connect to smb android phone only when its language is English

• Hi

I installed omv 5 on raspi 4. I have a 2 TB one disk. I created file system, shared folders.

There are 3 users.

1. Pi user system user

2. dibekshome sambashare and users have authorization.

3. Sinan has all the powers

1.shared folder open to users only for backup

2. Shared folder 'name=android' users only (trial/test folder)

3.Shared folder 'name=Public' open to everyone

As a user, I can do everything on Windows 10.

But I can only log in anonymously and use the public folder from the file manager of my xiaomi note 9 Pro android 10 phone.

Although I enter username and password, I cannot see other folders and cannot access samba.

Although I have used many android applications, I could not solve the problem.

I created it now to try the Android folder. I created it from the shared folders page and gave read and write authorization to Sinan user via privileges and acl.

But still I couldn't fix the problem.

I'll be happy if you can help me.

Thanks.:love:

• hsdibek

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • hi.

I made the language option of the phone in English to add an error screen display. and the problem was resolved.8|

I don't understand why language was a problem. Now I will try to see if I can do it in Turkish and enter.?(

• I am facing an absurd problem. When I change the language of the phone to Turkish, I cannot connect with the server address-username and password. the language of the omv interface was english. I did Turkish because maybe it should be the same language, but it didn't happen. could there be a solution from the omv settings? That's why I don't want to use my phone in a different language.

• hsdibek

Hat das Label gelöst entfernt.
  • hsdibek

Hat den Titel des Themas von „I cannot access private folders on Android“ zu „OMV SMB, I can connect to smb android phone only when its language is English“ geändert.
  • Hi. I tried it from the Huawei p smart 2019 file manager. When the device language is English, I can access all the folders shared over samba with the username and password. but when the device language is Turkish, samba cannot be entered. I tried it on 3 different devices, the problem is the same. i think it's caused by omv. how can i solve it. I installed an omv on raspian buster life. I made the time and region options as Europe Istanbul from the OMV interface. I did not make any settings other than that. I did not use any special characters or Turkish characters in shared folders and users. can you please help. OMV ready files copied but I am not using them over the phone.

• Hello again,

I think I am writing it myself, I answer it myself. :S

I entered the location settings of the system. En_US utf8 did not work tr_TR utf8 did not work.

The current system location status.

language Turkish

region europe

city Istanbul

root @ raspberrypi: / # locale

LANG = en_TR.UTF-8

LANGUAGE =

LC_CTYPE = "C.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC = "C.UTF-8"

LC_TIME = "C.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE = "C.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY = "C.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES = "C.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER = "C.UTF-8"

LC_NAME = "C.UTF-8"

LC_ADDRESS = "C.UTF-8"

LC_TELEPHONE = "C.UTF-8"

LC_MEASUREMENT = "C.UTF-8"

LC_IDENTIFICATION = "C.UTF-8"

LC_ALL = C.UTF-8

or

root@raspberrypi:/# localectl status

System Locale: LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8

VC Keymap: n/a

X11 Layout: gb

X11 Model: pc105

When the device language of the phone is Turkish, I cannot log in samba with the username and password.

When I connect anonymously I can only see public.

I did not use Turkish characters in any of the folder, file path, user name, password.

I could not solve the problem somehow ???;(

• hsdibek

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I am in the same network, on WiFi. On smartphone I am using File Manager or ES Explorer. The funny thing is that with the same apps I can access the shared thumdrive from my router (router has a USB port). But with OMV I can only accomplish this from a Windows machine, not from Android phone.

• For Samba, having no access on Android might be caused by Workgroup, right ?

With regard to NFS, I found a thread where suggested solution to have Android access is adding following extra options for NFS shares: no_subtree_check,sync,all_squash,anonuid=1001,anongid=1001. But still, it does not work for me. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Samba, I meant SMB

Samba is an SMB or CIFS server. So, same thing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!