Starting new build, need help with drive mounts

• Is there any way, when mounting the drives for the first time, I can mount them by label instead of by UUID? That way instead of having a drive mounted at /media/xxxxxxxx I could have it mounted at /mnt/disk1 or something like that? I think this will be easier to manage when I create my mergefs pool (which I'd like to mount at /mnt/media-pool) and my snapraid parity drive (/mnt/parity1).

• Mounting by label is the default, I believe. This is version dependant though and mounting by UUID was done on older versions of OMV.

/media has not been used as the mount point directory since OMV 2.x or perhaps OMV 3.x, IIRC.

Not saying what version of OMV you are running makes helping you difficult as the default behavior is version dependant.

If you use the mergerfs plugin you likely aren't going to be happy with the mountpoint it creates regardless of where your drives are mounted.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• For OMV 5.x:

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xxx

Where xxx is the disk label.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Don't make edits to the section of fstab that is under OMV's control (the [openmediavault] stanza). Manual edits made there will likely be lost.

You can create your own mounts in fstab so long as they are outside the [openmediavault] stanza.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!