Whoops I Broke my OMV

• Before I attempt anything, I thought i'd ask the guru's how you would approach fixing this.

I decided to try out AVAHI on the OMV server. It didn't work for whatever reason, so i immediately uninstalled it figuring i'd rather place it on another box anyway. I wasn't really paying attention and blindly hit Y and proceeded to unistall most of OMV by mistake...

Whoops.

Thoughts on the best way to attack this? Fresh Install?

• One can always hope this might work:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

If not your OMV is so much toast.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks. I got various errors trying that, so at this point i'm just trying to get a completely clean OMV install. I'm OK with re-doing all the OMV config, but want to avoid re-doing the entire server as I have other stuff (HDHR, VIrtualBox, Unifi) running on the box

I've done:

apt remove openmediavault

apt autoremove

apt clean

Then followed the steps at https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

I get the console, but then when I try to log in I get the following:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}
  • OK so I started again, and this time it seemed to go mostly fine. In case any other idiot does this, here's how I got it running

apt-get remove --autoremove openmediavault

Then instructions from https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

Then omv-engined would not auto-start so..

systemctl unmask openmediavault-engined

OMV-Extras would not re-install until I did a

apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 7AA630A1EDEE7D73

And apart from the fact that it seems to now cache my login in the browser (if i reboot it, it does not ask me to re-auth) it seems to all work fine.

FIngers crossed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!