Channel bonding doesn't show eth0

• Hello,

I'm running ovm 0.5.33 (up-to-date) on a HP Proliant N54L.

I have an motherboard integrated nic as eth0 and a pcie x1 Intel PRO/1000 card (Intel Corporation 82572EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller).
    eth0 is configured with a static ip and eth1 isn't configured at all.

When I try to create a bonding interface, the form only show eth1 in the slave and master sections.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

OMV 7.0-32

Plugins : backup 7.0 | compose 7.0.8 | minidlna 7.0 | omvextrasorg 7.0 | sharerootfs 7.0-1 | zfs 7.0.4

• Which existing one ?
    I don't currently have any bonding interface.

I think I can't see eth0 in the list because that's the one i'm using.
    I'll try again with a dual nic ethernet card.

OMV 7.0-32

Plugins : backup 7.0 | compose 7.0.8 | minidlna 7.0 | omvextrasorg 7.0 | sharerootfs 7.0-1 | zfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "Shadok"

I think I can't see eth0 in the list because that's the one i'm using.

I believe that, too. Just tried the same, I have an unused port in the home box and saw the same behaviour.
    Beside this I would bond ports of the same type and position only, an onboard and an off-board expansion card port may not work in tune.

Zitat von "Shadok"

I'll try again with a dual nic ethernet card.

That's a better idea, I have this setup running in the company box and that works pretty well. Make sure that you use the latest OMV version, until 0.5.0.31 link bonding was not possible and that your system fully recognizes the expansion card, installing the backport kernels opens a new dimension of supported hardware.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Ok, i've setup the 2 nics ethernet card.
    I now have eth1 and eth2 in OMV (manual method) but when i try to add a bonding interface i got no interfaces to select ... (master or slave).

OMV 7.0-32

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before doing the below, the problem is probably the way the info is stored in the config.xml file. Maybe someone knows how to init the network better than bute force. Maybe run omv-firstaid on boot? (from the cd?)

You might need to edit /etc/network/interfaces. Here is my working version so fix it to your needs. Maybe you should also post a bug at http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org. save yours first as .bak or something and maybe post it here.

• Nope, i already checked OMV config file, udev and network/interfaces files.
    It is definitely an OVM bug.

Right now, I manually created my bonding by editing network/interfaces file and OVM xml configuration.
    It works but i don't know if it will fully persist after a reboot.

OMV 7.0-32

• Yeah, and if I unplug eth0, bonding on eth1/eth2 doesn't work anymore, server become unreachable.

OMV 7.0-32

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!