"Server does not support non-ASCII-symbols" - how to enable UTF8 serverwide?

• Good morning everyone,

I just set up OMV on a spare PC with an i3 3. Gen, 16 GB RAM and 3 HDD in a mirror raid with 3 TB storage. The system ist installed on a SATA SSD and everything works well.

My issue is that when I connect with FileZilla, I always get the message that the server does not support ASCII symbols. This causes issues when there are files with foreign symbols, it seems the server refuses to write them completely.

I checked the DOC to see wether there are flags that need to be put into the field "additional options" in the FTP settings panel of omv but there is no info about that. I tried

Code
    UseUTF8
    Code
    --nls-enable

Both didn't work as OMV raised an error when saving. So I guess those are not valid (I don't even know where those parameters are passed too though).

Basically my question is how do I enable UTF8 on OMV? The current debian locale is German UTF8.

Edit: I tried lot's of other things, like modifying the mod_lang and mod_core module - via OMV web panel and directly inside the config. Weirldy enough nothing changes really. Whenever I connect it's stuck at "Connection established, waiting for welcome message" for a few seconds, then it connects to the server with the ascii warning message without displaying the weclome message. The weird thing is I could upload files with UTF8 characters but I can't delete folders with UTF8 specific letters because it can't list them. I didn't modify anything during the installation process. Please help :(

Edit2: I noticed the proftdp config doesn't append the contents written into additional options in the web panel. Do I misunderstand something?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von anphex () aus folgendem Grund: Tried more things. More.

• just set up OMV on a spare PC

please tell us the OS version uname -aand OMV version dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi.

I have the same problem!

Running OMV on RPi 4B+

OS version: Linux 5.10.17-v7l+ #1403

OMV version:

ii openmediavault 5.6.1-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-flashmemory 5.0.8 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Problem is when my friend sends files via FTP with special characters like ,å ä ö...

Used raspi-config to add sv-ISO8859-1 , sv-UTF-8, uk-UTF8.

Please help!

• I'd first update OS and OMV to up-to-date versions, then try again if the issue still exists

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Hi, I have the same problem and it gives me many errors because I don't have ASCII, how can I fix this, I'm interested in the file system recognizing ASCII, since ftp services modify the data, my nas is Linux Ver 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 5.16.12-1~bpo11+1 (2022-03-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux openmediavault 6.0.24-1 (Shaitan) openmediavault-keyring 1.0 Thank you Hi, I have the same problem and it gives me many errors because I don't have ASCII, how can I fix this, I'm interested in the file system recognizing ASCII, since ftp services modify the data, my nas is

Linux Ver 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 5.16.12-1~bpo11+1 (2022-03-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux

openmediavault 6.0.24-1 (Shaitan)

openmediavault-keyring 1.0 Thank you

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von verematv () aus folgendem Grund: error

• Solution:

edit proftpd.conf

$ nano /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf

UseEncoding on

#DefaultTransferMode ascii

<IfModule mod_lang.c>

# Set the default to be Spain

LangDefault es_ES

</IfModule>

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!