CRON / Planned Tasks - Where Can I see the output before the e-mail is send?

• Hey there.

I start a shred of an 1 tb usb-3.0 hdd. Because I did not know the screen binary/cmd before, I start this with a cron from the omv web-interface.

The cron was started succesfully but the main problem is that I want to know the output at the moment.

Try to search in different /var/log/ files but can not found anything.

I know it is a special question but: Is there a place where the output is collected for a running cron?

Would be great to see more than the blinking hdd-led. Would be great to be able to estimate the hours it will take :D

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • votdev this question has come up for similar other topics, guess it requires developer insight to answer

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Maybe until Volker has time to answer the code on github could give an indication

https://github.com/openmediava…oy/cron/20userdefined.sls

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Cron does not log anything, so the shell command you're executing needs to be take care about that.

THX for the reply. But there must be a space to store the current output, or not?

I dont know how often this could happen in another scenario out there. I just found no solution for that. So I thought: Why did you just not try to ask the omv community.

• Offizieller Beitrag

THX for the reply. But there must be a space to store the current output, or not?

This is all up to you. Cron is simply executing what you've configured. If shred does not support logging to syslog then you have to do it somehow. If you need to do it manually, the problem is how to redirect the shred output line by line to syslog. But i assume there should be a solution out there anywhere.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!