difference between Rsync Jobs and Scheduled Jobs

• Hi all,

What is the difference between

Services | Rsync | Jobs

and

System | Scheduled Jobs

?

I understand that the first are for rsync only, the second one is more versatile (any command).

Can I add rsync to scheduled jobs instead if I know the command? Will it work?

Which way is preferred in OMV and why?

Thanks.

Greg

• Can I add rsync to scheduled jobs instead if I know the command? Will it work?

Which way is preferred in OMV and why?

Yes you can. Yes it will. I don't think there is an "official" preferred way. I do a rsync from a scheduled job to back up my main drive to a backup drive on the same machine. You can see the command in my signature below my post

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!