Posts by Agricola

to prevend the sdcard to fail,

Not "prevent" but "significantly slow down". As macom explained above how folder2ram works: "...when the SBC is shut down the RAM is synced to the SD card..." So there is writing to the SD card, but it is greatly reduced by way of the Flash Memory plug-in. Nothing lasts forever, but with the Flash Memory plug-in your SD card will last much longer. Having a working back-up of that system SD card is a must, unless you enjoy starting over from scratch some day in the future. I have had several SD cards running for a couple of years now. But as I said, nothing lasts forever.

Just checked and Calibre does handle comics - with some modifications. Ubooquity, however appears to hand CBR/CBZ out of the box. I have never used this one, so I can’t speak to its merits. I will have to give it a try as I have not been all that excited about Calibre. It works okay but it just looks ... old.

I will admit up front that I know absolutely nothing about encryption, but if you want a totally local setup why are you concerned about encryption?

Jellyfin is an alternative to Plex that has no login, and it has an iOS app. I don’t know if Calibre handles CBR/CBZ files but it makes a good e-reader with Maplereads as a good iOS app.

Introduction

Navidrome is a no-frills crisp and clean approach to an audio media server. I have only tested it using mp3 files. If you have proper id3 tags in place for track numbers, this audio server works equally well for music files and audiobook (mp3) files. The documentation states that it "Runs well even on simple Raspberry Pi Zero and old hardware setups". Once installed there is nothing to set up. Just load up your audio media and add your login information at first launch. Navidrome works with all of the Subsonic compliant client apps. Navidrome's Overview page has some very impressive features.

Prerequisites

• OMV5 running and a hard drive mounted
    • OMV-Extras.org installed and docker installed. You may also need docker-compose installed from the command line.
    • A working knowledge of docker-compose from the command line.

If you are familiar with docker-compose on the command line, this install is very easy.

Installation

• Create two shares: appdata, and navidrome. You may already have a "data" share created with a different name. Adjust your docker-compose.yml file accordingly.
    • Create SMB shares of the above two shares if you haven't already.
    • Log in to your server using the command line of your choice using your user of choice. Despite common practice, you should not log in as root. Use the sudo command instead.
    • Create a user folder if you haven't already: mkdir /home/user You can create a docker-compose-specific user, or use the main user you set up when you first installed OMV5.
    • Create a docker-compose folder for the Navidrome yml file: mkdir /home/user/navidrome
    • Move into your navidrome folder: cd /home/user/navidrome
    • Create a docker-compose.yml file nano docker-compose.yml
    • Copy/paste the yml file below:
    • Save your file by typing control-x, then y followed by the return key, then pressing the enter key.
    • Install the Navidrome container: docker-compose up -d
    • In a browser go to your-ip-address:4533 and set up your login information.
    • Add your media into your navidrome/music folder according to the author/album/files hierarchy, as you would in Airsonic or Booksonic.

Bonus

In addition to a music server (as above) you can also create an audiobooks server on the same OMV5 install using the same Navidrome container simply by adjusting a few things:

• Create a new yml folder: mkdir /home/user/audiobooks
    • Navigate into your new docker-compose folder: cd /home/user/audiobooks
    • Create a new docker-compose.yml file, as above
    • In your new yml file change your container_name: navidrome to audiobooks and...
    • Adjust your media volumes to - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/navidrome/audiobooks:/music:ro and...
    • Change your ports: from - 4533:4533 to - 4534:4533 and...
    • Login as above only using :4534 at the end of your ip address.
    • Install your media into your audiobooks folder as above.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the NanoPi M4. With a sata hat and a four (or five) bay drive cage you can have a pretty nice set up with four sata drives. Of course you have to add a heat sync and a power source, not to mention the hard drives and a couple of SD cards, but for around $100 U.S. you have a pretty nice rig. I like the hc2's too, even though they are only 32 bit.

Here's a few pics of my M4 and a couple of hc2's:

I started something for SNAPRAID and Mergerfs, as a RAID5 substitute for home users and, potentially, SBC users.

I’m looking forward to this one.

From a consumer stand point I prefer the pdf because I can download and store it in my “toolbox” folder of guides. Keeping a bookmark of a wiki page or pages seems more problematic, for me anyway. There is the editing and revising task, but that exists either way, and either way can become out of date without revision.

All of my cut/paste was a bit confusing. Let me post my example files:

on the config.php file you only need to concentrate on the small part in the middle:

Once logged into Nextcloud, the setup fills in the rest of config.php below this, such as mail info. Also note that the letsencrypt docker has been deprecated. It still works (for now) but swag is the new letsencrypt.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sorry, I lost all of my indents when I entered the code.

In your compose file try this instead in the bottom section:

- URL=duckdns.org

- SUBDOMAINS=xxxx

- VALIDATION=http

The subdomains you have listed on line 46 needs to be the same subdomains you have listed earlier on line 23. The ones you got from DuckDNS. And then in your .php file instead of nextcloud.xxxx just use your xxx subdomain.

Like this:

Code
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xxxx.duckdns.org',
    'overwritehost' => 'xxxx.duckdns.org',
    'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
    'trusted_domains' =>
    array (
    0 => 'xxxx.duckdns.org',
    ),

proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m;

in your nextcloud.subdomain.conf file change your file size to 2048. And instead of nextcloud.* just use your subdomain you got from duckdns: xxx.*

What I did to set up my Nextcloud may not be the way most have set up theirs, but my Nextcloud address is simply https://xxx.duckdns.org

I hope this helps and is not too confusing.

If that is a real DuckDNS token in your compose file you need to obfuscate it in the post. If so you might also generate a new token at the DuckDNS site.

I don’t use the subfolder route, so I’m not real familiar with the nextcloud.subfolder.conf file. I think Morlan is the go-to guy for a subfolder setup.

A lot of times you are just missing a line (or one period-slash-quote) that is preventing success. Go back and compare your php and conf files with the examples in this thread and look closely at punctuation marks.

Your compose file looks okay. What kind of errors do you get? Can you reach a web page that says something like “welcome”?

The first link deals with a Nextcloud install on Ubuntu. OMV is Debian based so that link probably won’t do you much good. The second link’s article certainly starts from a OMV base but good lord, why go THAT route?

The default method on this forum appears to be found with this How To. Docker-compose is a lot like learning to ride a bicycle as a kid: scary at first, but when you get the hang of it you’ll wonder why you waited so long. There is a lot of help on this forum with docker-compose. Probably none with the path you want to go down.

Another way to do the same backup using Rsync is through Scheduled Tasks using the following command:

rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/

This method allows you to have multiple shares in your SOURCE drive (again, none in the backup or DESTINATION drive.) As in KM0201 ’s version you can leave off the delete variable until you are comfortable with the process.

(From crashtest ’s Getting Started with Openmediavault 5 beginning on page 59.)

The following extra files have been found:

packages.txt

How do I update?

Buried somewhere in your Nextcloud folder is one or more files named packages.txt that the installer thinks shouldn’t be there. Ssh into your Nextcloud folder and find and remove them. Restart the update.