New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Directory pool on /srv/...

what about:

tail /var/log/omv-virsh-command.log

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• here are the logs;
    it didn't detect me trying to add ZDVR which is from VM pool; only the one from ST-VM pool I don't use anymore and that I detached

Code
    [2022-06-17 15:54:27] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh pool-start VM 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 15:54:27] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh pool-autostart VM  2>&1
    [2022-06-17 15:56:41] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh net-autostart --network macvtap  2>&1
    [2022-06-17 15:57:25] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virt-install --boot hd,cdrom --arch x86_64 --cpu host-passthrough --disk '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b79b02a0-1ae0-42b0-be15-dede82121ccf/VM/winny.qcow2',bus=sata,cache=none,io=native --memory 512 --metadata description="DVR" --name Win7 --network network=macvtap,model=e1000,mac=RANDOM --os-variant name=win7 --vcpus 1,sockets=1,cores=1,threads=1 --graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0 --graphics spice,listen=0.0.0.0 --print-xml  > /tmp/Win7.xml 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 15:57:28] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh define --file /tmp/Win7.xml 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 16:05:33] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh detach-interface --domain Win7 --type network --mac 52:54:00:20:35:c5 --persistent --config 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 16:05:39] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh detach-interface --domain Win7 --type network --mac 52:54:00:b3:2d:1f --persistent --config 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 16:11:17] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; qemu-img create -f qcow2 '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b79b02a0-1ae0-42b0-be15-dede82121ccf/VM/ZDVR.qcow2' 150G 2>&1
    [2022-06-17 16:11:17] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virt-xml Win7 --add-device --disk '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b79b02a0-1ae0-42b0-be15-dede82121ccf/VM/ZDVR.qcow2',target.bus=sata,format=qcow2,cache=none,io=native 2>&1
    [2022-06-19 14:31:35] export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; virsh detach-disk --domain Win7 --target '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-4bcc10a6-6a24-41a4-aed2-7b55bdcdc823/ST-VM/SDVR.qcow2' --persistent --config 2>&1
    • Offizieller Beitrag

it didn't detect me trying to add ZDVR which is from VM pool; only the one from ST-VM pool I don't use anymore and that I detached

If it fails before the command is excuted, it can't be logged. What is the output of:

virt-xml Win7 --add-device --disk '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b79b02a0-1ae0-42b0-be15-dede82121ccf/VM/ZDVR.qcow2',target.bus=sata,format=qcow2,cache=none,io=native

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

seems to be some input parsing problem in the plugin

The plugin doesn't parse the output. It just executes the virt-xml command and checks if the exit code is non-zero.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can someone point me to the changelog please?

There is a "Show changelog" button in the updates tab OR from the command line apt-get changelog openmediavault-kvm OR you can look at the changelog file the package is built with.

That said, I just changed the VM xml viewer to use the new codeEditor form type. Were you expecting something else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

o, just thought, perhaps "my" request about crontab (few posts above) is included

That would be a pain to implement since the scheduled tasks in the kvm plugin have more fields that the scheduled tasks for OMV. I would have to store info in the kvm part of the database and the scheduled task part of the database. Then I would have to have some kind of notifier in case someone altered the task from the OMV Scheduled task tab. If they modified it in a way that wasn't supported by the kvm scheduled task form, things would be broken. So, I don't see this request happening.

• Hi guys! Ibe deleted virtual disk from VM, try to add the same disk and see this error:

String could not be parsed as XML

Exception: String could not be parsed as XML in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/kvm.inc:154

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/kvm.inc(154): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/kvm.inc(1118): OMVRpcServiceKvm->getPoolType('')

#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceKvm->addDisk(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('addDisk', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Kvm', 'addDisk', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

Can someone helps?

Thanx

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi guys! Ibe deleted virtual disk from VM, try to add the same disk and see this error:

String could not be parsed as XML

I need more info. What is the path of the pool? What is the name of the pool? What is the content of /etc/libvirt/storage/REPLACE_WITH_POOL_NAME.xml?

• Hi all!

I had new openmediavault-kvm show up in updates earlier today and get the following when trying to update:

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Calculating upgrade...
    The following packages have been kept back: openmediavault-kvm
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

END OF LINE

How do I find out why it is being held back, or is this something that someone is keen on? I don't see anything regarding this in the Uddate Management logs, even after the plethora of other updates. Just as a note, lsscsi is also not updating. Lots of others installed smoothly.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

lsscsi is a requirement for the latest kvm plugin version. What do you get if you: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade or sudo omv-upgrade? (problem #11)

• Thank you ryecoaaron. I was hesitant to not use GUI because I think that the last zfs plugin I did via apt upgrade created a mess for me to fix, and I swore to stick to GUI after that. I did sudo omv-upgrade and it looks like it worked (logs say 3 succeeded, even though GUI only listed 2).

So if I want to update via terminal, is omv-upgrade safer than dist-upgrade (generally)?

I'm still a newb to OMV, so appreciate your patience. Most of the time I have little to no troubles. Appreciate the effort on this distribution, and glad on Debian. I don't hate FreeBSD, but a different moon that I don't have time to explore.

• I need more info. What is the path of the pool? What is the name of the pool? What is the content of /etc/libvirt/storage/REPLACE_WITH_POOL_NAME.xml?

PATHS:
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3db6bac1-e2d7-4eb3-9289-3aa41c5fbded/ISO
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3db6bac1-e2d7-4eb3-9289-3aa41c5fbded/Virtual

NAMES:

ISO

VM

VM.xml:

<!--

WARNING: THIS IS AN AUTO-GENERATED FILE. CHANGES TO IT ARE LIKELY TO BE

OVERWRITTEN AND LOST. Changes to this xml configuration should be made using:

virsh pool-edit VM

or other application using the libvirt API.

-->

<pool type='dir'>

<name>VM</name>

<uuid>de6f2eb5-f769-4051-a820-387564d40b00</uuid>

<capacity unit='bytes'>0</capacity>

<allocation unit='bytes'>0</allocation>

<available unit='bytes'>0</available>

<source>

</source>

<target>

<path>/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3db6bac1-e2d7-4eb3-9289-3aa41c5fbded/Virtual</path>

</target>

</pool>

OMV 6.
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10

• Offizieller Beitrag

is omv-upgrade safer than dist-upgrade (generally)?

They are effectively the same - https://github.com/openmediava…/usr/sbin/omv-upgrade#L35

• Offizieller Beitrag

PATHS:
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3db6bac1-e2d7-4eb3-9289-3aa41c5fbded/ISO
    /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-3db6bac1-e2d7-4eb3-9289-3aa41c5fbded/Virtual

NAMES:

ISO

VM

It is failing to get the type from your pool but I see it in the config. I guess I will have to see if I can get the type in a different manner.

edit - I figured it out. I need to test and then I can push out a new package.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• It is failing to get the type from your pool but I see it in the config. I guess I will have to see if I can get the type in a different manner.

edit - I figured it out. I need to test and then I can push out a new package.

So what i can do now? (Besides using virt-manager) Wait for new update?

OMV 6.
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!