Kodi 18.9 using NFS shares

• Hi,

I updated OMV5 to 5.6.0.1 running Debian 5.10.0-0.bpo3.rmd64 kernel. Now my kodi while using NFS shares does not stream correctly (looks like having distortions, jumps stream forward, hung up). If and when I change shares to SMB (OMV5 SMB/CIFS shares) everything works just great. Streaming from OMV5 through NFS shares also worked fine under Debian 4.19.0.5.amd64 kernel (part of OMV5.0.5 installation CD). Any idea?.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

More likely caused by the 5.10 kernel. I use nfs with kodi but I am using the proxmox kernel. Much better choice in my opinion. The 5.10 kernel rollout has not been very good so far.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your quick response. I also noticed that when I switched to proxmox everything worked fine. My issue is that I use MariaDB (mysql daemon) with 5 Kodi installations. I would need to rework both Video and Music databases going back to NFS as I had to do moving to SMB due to 5.10 kernel debacle. I guess it is time to bite the bullet. Thanks again.

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• My issue is that I use MariaDB (mysql daemon) with 5 Kodi installations. I would need to rework both Video and Music databases going back to NFS as I had to do moving to SMB due to 5.10 kernel debacle.

I had the same issue over the weekend, complete with using MariaDB and multiple Kodi locations. My temporary solution was to use path substitution in Kodi. It's a messy fix, but with advancedsettings.xml syncing I set up years ago, it was a quick band-aid to quiet my family down. After my family was in bed I further investigated and rolled back the kernel in OMV to 5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 to test my theory it had to do with the kernel update. When I confirmed it was, I left it with the old kernel and went to bed intending to post my findings today. Looks like you beat me to it.

• Hi,Thanks. Good points. My advancesetting.xml is working fine connecting Kodi installs to MariaDB. The problem, for me, is that I already went through configuring sources (SMB) in Kodi and rebuilding Databases in MariaDB. I have a LOT of customization's in Kodi that are translated into the database. Now, to go back to NFS shortcut/exports sources I will have to redo it again on one install. Once that is done then all other installs will take it. So, I guess it is one of those things; stay with SMB shares or spend few hours and convert back to NFS with different kernel that works, i.e 5.9 or portmox. What is, really, holding me is a question as to will the portmox kernel and other OMV5 will get updates.

• I can confirm that 5.10 kernel is the culprit with Kodi 18.9. Rolled back kernel to 5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 and all is well. Running an HP minitower with intel i5 cpu and twin 10tb Seagate IronWolf Pro’s non raid NFS shares for video media.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!