Can OMV be installed onto an old HP MediaVault MV2120 w/arm processor?

• I've searched and cannot find the answer so I thought I would post here. I have an ancient but still working MV2120 NAS. Its software has long been discontinued. Looking for how to extend its usable life I'm looking at OMV. Can anyone state whether this has been accomplished before?

Thanks for any guidance/response/etc.

• Possible? Maybe but not a good experience. There is no mips repos and that cpu would be painfully slow.

omv 5.6.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It supports debian 10, so install debian 10 then add OMV repos and install OMV.

As I said in my post, there are no mips repos for OMV or omv-extras. So, IF the packages do work, they would have to manually installed. Combined with a miserably slow cpu and it would be a waste of time. Use an RPi3 or 4 instead.

omv 5.6.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, it is indeed a bit old and slow, but that could make a great opportunity for learning.

Building OMV is fortunately quite easy (thanks devs, it rocks!). I used to do it for my GnuBee.

Try to install Debian first, and when done, try to follow those steps (to be updated for OMV 5 of course; )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!