5 BAY USB RAID ARRAY not being seen by OMV

• My 5 bay enclosure is a Yottamaster 5 Bay RAID. Each drive is 8tb.

I plugged the drive in to my windows box no issues. Saw the drives and formatted them to NTFS.

Proxmox6.x is hosting my OMV5.x. I added this USB enclosure to the OMV5.x and it does not see it.

df -h and lsblk does not show the drives at all.

(I know OMV and do this because I have a 4bay USB enclosure plugged in and there are no issues there just with my new one.)

I then moved the 5 bay enclosure to my Win10 VM on the same proxmox machine and it sees the drives.

Also on the omv5.x when I do a lsusb i see the following

root@omv5:~# lsusb

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 152d:0567 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0627:0001 Adomax Technology Co., Ltd

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

This leaves me to think there is an issue with OMV not seeing my 5bay enclosure because it isn't even listed on this device list.

is there something I might be missing in OMV to fix this?

• digitalbots How did you configure the device? JBOD or any of the supported RAID-modes? You could try to configure "normal" mode and then look if the omv system can see all disks separately.

KM0201 Are such devices supported in OMV generally? I know that "real" USB RAID (created out of separate USB devices) is not supported by OMV 5. But this device can create it´s own raid structure which means it is seen as one big disk from the PC.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I fixed it.

when i moved the USB Raid to my USB 2 port (the onboard USB not the Card USB 3 that I bought) it worked. I could see both USB Raids.

So I popped off to micro center dropped $20 on a new USB 3 card. Then set the USB Raid to RAID 5. and it showed up as 29.11tb drive. Just did a wipe once that is done I will mount it and I should be good to go.

• digitalbots

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!