OMV - Open Media Vault - Backup only the configuration, no data

• Hi,

I did have OMV working with other software running, I was continually loosing USB Disk drives so I thought I'd go back to just OMV on that device, which I've done.

Now before I run into the same problem of having to re-configure the whole thing I was just trying to back up only the configuration.

Any suggestions please. I have installed the plug-in

openmediavault-backup 5.2.4

it's description says it'll do it but I can not for the life of me see how. If there is any easy way my ears are open, if not I'll get my hearing aids out too. :?:

Col

• This topic was discussed several times here in the forum. TLDR: There is no possibility to apply a configuration backup to a new installation. All existing solutions aim to restore a previous configuration backup of the same installation, not a new one.

How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

Openmediavault-backup - Command DD - Restore backup

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• To get this requirement prioritized, it would be best to add as "reaction" the thumbs up emoji to github issue https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/102

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!