Folders in /sharedfolders appear empty to other processes

• I'm not sure if the subject title is accurate, but that's what I understand.

I have OMV running on my RPi with an external USB HDD connected to it for data storage. As far as accessing files via SMB and FTP goes, all works great.

But for some reason, if I connect to the server's shell via SSH, all the folders located in "/sharedfolders" appear empty, even as root (Syncthing installed on this server also cannot see contents of these directories). According to ACL, everyone should have access to at least this specific directory, right?

Screenshot attached. I'm confused, what's going on here?

Server: Codename Oven (ASRock J5040-ITX with 4-core Pentium Silver J5040, 2x 8TB Seagate IronWolf HDD, inside Coolermaster Elite 110 case, powered by OMV 6)

• /sharedfolders is no longer populated by default. If you need access to the shares use the full Absolute path.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• /sharedfolders is no longer populated by default. If you need access to the shares use the full Absolute path.

I see.

I found my files in "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-SEAGATE/", I'm guessing that's the correct directory now?

Server: Codename Oven (ASRock J5040-ITX with 4-core Pentium Silver J5040, 2x 8TB Seagate IronWolf HDD, inside Coolermaster Elite 110 case, powered by OMV 6)

• You can look in the OMV GUI | Access Rights Management | Shared Folders and click on the Absolute Path tab. If that tab is not visible you can enable it by clicking on any other tab's down arrow, select Columns and put a check mark on Absolute Path.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You can look in the OMV GUI | Access Rights Management | Shared Folders and click on the Absolute Path tab. If that tab is not visible you can enable it by clicking on any other tab's down arrow, select Columns and put a check mark on Absolute Path.

That column clears up everything, thank you :)

Just discovered this - from when is this changed,, and why?

You say "by default" - is it possible to "turn it on" again? (Through GUI)

Sorry for my ignorance:rolleyes:

• This change came with openmediavault (5.3.3-1) See the changelog for details:

https://github.com/openmediava…diavault/debian/changelog

To revert to the previous behavior, in a root shell:

Add OMV_SHAREDFOLDERS_DIR_ENABLED="YES" setting to /etc/default/openmediavault and then run:

omv-salt stage run prepare

omv-salt deploy run systemd

reboot

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!