success to reinstall OMV5, but screen black out....

• Just upgrade my motherboard and CPU(qrsl+asrock b560m steel), have to reinstall OMV5 cuz bios and uefi issue.

when i finished installation and restart, after the logo screen, it showed

r8169 0000:03:00.0 unknow chip XID 641

/dev/nvme0n1p2: recovering journal

/dev/nvme0n1p2: clean, 50442/6771600 files, 998579/27033600 blocks

after this, the screen will out of signal, tried changing cable and monitor, and same.

so the display devices must be fine.

then i tried install debian with gui, i still can not get in gui, but the monitor was stay on and with signal, but just a cursor.

there is another problem, which is the driver of 2.5G network card, but i did compile it after upgrade to kernel 5.10, i think it will work.

start regreting to upgrade these, driving me crazy already...no legacy supported....no driver....and now no display....

plz help me out guys....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a particular reason you need a display? Just us SSH.

Have you tried manually setting your screen resolution? It could be that when it hits that point, it's going out of range for your display...

https://linuxhint.com/set_scre…lution_linux_kernel_boot/

• Is there a particular reason you need a display? Just us SSH.

Have you tried manually setting your screen resolution? It could be that when it hits that point, it's going out of range for your display...

https://linuxhint.com/set_scre…lution_linux_kernel_boot/

problems which i need to use omv-firstaid, i have to use monitor. normally i did use SSH, but just in case.

i just tried this link, and same.

And i also tried a 2k screen today, still same, i think the resolution wont be a problem, but thanks for suggestions buddy.

Do u think is there any other problem will make this happen?

• Offizieller Beitrag

problems which i need to use omv-firstaid, i have to use monitor. normally i did use SSH, but just in case.

i just tried this link, and same.

And i also tried a 2k screen today, still same, i think the resolution wont be a problem, but thanks for suggestions buddy.

Do u think is there any other problem will make this happen?

So.. use omv-firstaid over SSH? I'm still not clear on why you can't use SSH. Do you not know your IP address? If you don't know your IP address (and assuming the LAN is working)... either of the following should get your IP

1. Log in to your router, and see what IP addresses it has assigned... It should be easy to tell which one is OMV.

2. Download angry ip scanner on one of your network machines, and run it to check your whole network (presumably, 192.168 .1.2 through 192.168.1.254).. go through the list and find OMV.

Honestly, the only time I've ever seen this happen is when a resolution was out of range, and manually setting it would work fine..

Did you install with the OMV ISO, or the Debian 10 ISO?

• yes, i did use 99% when im using my nas, but my nas is placed in my basement, and also connect with monitor, keyboard and mouse, like i changed my network card today, if i can get things done, i dont need to run up and down, and personally, i really want to firgue this out.....

i found that the moment it started change resolution, thats the moment it started out of signal, but i tred

https://askubuntu.com/question…e-grub2-screen-resolution

set 640*480, still same....

• What happens when you launch a "Live System"? (Debian base preferably)

Debian -- Imagens de instalação live

Does it boot properly?

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes, i did use 99% when im using my nas, but my nas is placed in my basement, and also connect with monitor, keyboard and mouse, like i changed my network card today, if i can get things done, i dont need to run up and down, and personally, i really want to firgue this out.....

OK. Only other thing I can suggest is log in to OMV and install the backport kernel (if you haven't already) and see if that helps.

If the display is your only issue on this, I'm not sure why you're making a mountain out of a molehill out of it.

• OK. Only other thing I can suggest is log in to OMV and install the backport kernel (if you haven't already) and see if that helps.

If the display is your only issue on this, I'm not sure why you're making a mountain out of a molehill out of it.

Thanks anyway, buddy.

• My mistake, the installer worked fine, but the Live Debian will stuck at a cursor.

That means that you have some fancy hardware that Debian isn't able to pass.

What you can try is, unplug all that's not needed (Cards, drives, etc) until you have a running Live OS.

After, plug one device and reboot again until you see where it goes wrong.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My mistake, the installer worked fine, but the Live Debian will stuck at a cursor.

Sticking at a cursor, and a blank screen (as you said before) are vastly different things. A cursor the machine is likely not booting completely. A blank screen, could be multiple things as I said (resolution out of range, etc.) but the server is probably booting completely

Any chance you can install OMV on another system, update it completely then install OMV-extras, then the backport kernel.. then move he OS drive to the new machine? Got an old video card laying around by chance you could put in the server and see if it will boot using that?

• That means that you have some fancy hardware that Debian isn't able to pass.

What you can try is, unplug all that's not needed (Cards, drives, etc) until you have a running Live OS.

After, plug one device and reboot again until you see where it goes wrong.

Im running a base system for now, nothing others pluging in already, i think this B560m is too new to Debian,

it seens nothing i can do.... 2.5g network card is what i can firgue out and i also compiled the driver and i works.

maybe the QRSL cpu, its a es version.

• finally solved!

gen 10th gpu driver issue and r8125 2.5g network card issue. hope this could help others meet the same issues.

1. gpu issue, check the link below,

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux…b560_motherboard_for_now/

actually is to install kernel 5.12

2. r8125 2.5g driver issue.

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-headers-$(uname -r) linux-headers-generic build-essential dkms

dowload the lastest driver from realtek website, extract the tar file, cd download folder, then ./autorun.sh

should be working right now!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!