Full backup process

• Hi I'm new with the comunity but I really love OMV, It allow me to do lots of things in a easy way. So now I'm trying to put a system into operation that allow me to backup as much as i can a restore the fastest way.

First I have OMV running in a 128 ssd in a server that I assamble with core i3 8gb of ram and several disk besides the omv one. Also i have a second 128 ssd connect through usb for cloning OMV main disk.

Now what I'm trying to do is to make a backprocess that run alone, first a complete clone of the OMV disk, for fast restore. Secundo I need to backup to a certainr disk several folder (mainly docker config files) to one particular disk.

So what do you recomend for this task? is there a uniq way for everything?

Just one thing I would prefere that all backuyp is made online.

• OMV has its own backup option (System/backup) for the system disks. I recommend choosing the "fsarchiver" method since it offers the best compression and the easiest restore process. For more info on that restore process you can read this: https://www.fsarchiver.org/quickstart/

For any other sources you can use the Rsync plugin under Services (not sure if you have to activate it first from "plugins").

• thanks, one more question, can i clone the disk while it's in use?

Another question about the pluginn. The share folder option is where the backup file will be save?

Should i set the root device o extra options?

finally is the any help document about this pluginn?

• Offizieller Beitrag

can i clone the disk while it's in use?

Yes.

The share folder option is where the backup file will be save?

Yes.

Should i set the root device o extra options?

Only if it is not detecting your root device properly. You will need to run a backup to know that.

finally is the any help document about this pluginn?

What kind of docs? There are a couple of restore guides on the forum and plenty of threads about the plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just fish my first backup, but I have no idea if its correct or if the correct disk was save. Is the a way to check this? can i open the files and se the content?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have the output from the first backup? It depends on which method you chose on whether you can easily look at the backup files.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you clicked the Backup button manually run a backup, you didn't get any output? Very strange. Unless you are using some strange setup for the boot drive (like LVM, btrfs, etc), it shouldn't have a problem detecting the root drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!