DLNA Shared Folders Not Visible

• I have a Raspberry Pi running OMV and have added MiniDLNA.

I've had the following problem for several months, but have not asked about it here because I was hoping to see some sort of pattern that might either help me solve it myself or give others more clues to help me. That hasn't really happened. This seems to be completely random.

I never have any problems seeing and accessing shared folders from Windows computers, but any time I reboot the system I can't see most of the folders and files from DLNA players.

The DLNA server is always visible straight after a reboot and I can see Browse Folders, Music, Pictures, Video, but when I browse I see sometimes one or 2 of my shared folders, sometimes none.

There is nearly always one file available. This is a test file I have put on an otherwise empty 1TB SSD connected via USB. A curious thing is that I see this file directly under Shared Folders even though it's in a Shared Folder called zSSD. I don't see the folder. Only the file.

The other 4 drives are USB hard disks connected to a USB port via a hub.

That's the only difference I can see. I can always access all the shares on these drives from Windows machines.

I have tried rebooting the machine again. Very occasionally, that has caused more folders to become visible, but usually there's either no change or it has become worse.

One time I tried deleting a couple of shares (one I could see and one I couldn't see) and when I re-added them neither were visible.

I've tried Rescan within MiniDLNA setting. I've tried disabling and then re-enabling the MiniDLNA server.

Often, if I just leave it alone for anything from 1 to about 5 days the shared folders will suddenly be visible again without anything being done by me.

Does anyone either have any clues or can you suggest things I can check to diagnose this? My Linux skill set is badly lacking.

• Is there a better place to post a question like this?

I received an email from OMV last night.

I couldn't see files in any of my OMV shared folders. So I rebooted the Pi and the OMV shares all came back fine, but I'd lost the files in the MiniDLNA shared folders again.

• revise your device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_M.2_1TB_S5GENJ0N808414B

probably have not enought power or deficient power supply or something that disconnect it from system, and delete your files.

• Thanks for the reply. I suppose lack of power could be an issue for last night's error. It's running the standard 5V supply.

It hasn't deleted any files and the access using SMB access has always been perfect. The issue with DLNA shares disappearing has happened pretty much since I set up the system.

The SSD is powered from one of the USB3 ports. All the hard drives are externally powered and plugged into a USB3 hub that also has its own power. I had pretty much eliminated hardware as being the likely problem since SMB has always been really reliable (before last night's error).

• It hasn't deleted any files and the access using SMB access has always been perfect. The issue with DLNA shares disappearing has happened pretty much since I set up the system.

DLNA shares are in fact a DDBB in your HDD, so perhaps is corrupt, best way to do is recreate de DDBB ( RescanButton) or stop DLNA, delete de database file, and restart DLN to recreate database.

• DLNA shares are in fact a DDBB in your HDD, so perhaps is corrupt, best way to do is recreate de DDBB ( RescanButton) or stop DLNA, delete de database file, and restart DLN to recreate database.

I have tried the Rescan button each time and so far it doesn't seem to have done anything to improve the situation. After the error last night I rebooted the Pi and so far SMB has been perfect, but the same DLNA problem has surfaced again.

This time I turned off the MiniDLNA Enable switch, saved and applied setting, then clicked the Reset button (No idea what that does). Then I re-enabled MiniDLNA and a couple of folders are now visible, but curiously, the 2 almost empty folders from the SSD are now not visible from DLNA players.

As a further test I'll unplug the SSD to see if that changes anything.

• I've switched the SSD over to a separate power supply and am now confident this is definitely not a power supply issue.

In doing a bunch of tests at the moment. Whenever I reboot the Pi the MiniDLNA server is visible to players on the network after a minute or 2. I see Browse Folders, Music, Pictures and Video, but they are all empty.

If I disable MiniDLNA and then re-enable it again, 2 shared folders and all the files they contain become visible, but I have not been able to see any of the other shared folders. These 2 folders are on the same hard drive. All the dives are desktop USB drives.

I'm wondering if it's in some way related to this issue:

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…avault-minidlna/issues/16

I tried adding this line to the MiniDLNA Extra Options, but it made no change.

RequiresMountsFor=/dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1

I don't even know if that's meaningful. It doesn't seem to have made any difference.

• Sorry to revamp this thread but since it seems not fixed yet, I think it could be useful to share my experience too.

I've had the exact same problem since a while.

My HW is an old desktop PC.

The OMV is installed on a small SSD while my shared folders are located on two mechanical 3.5 hdds.

The HW is perfect, the disks are in good condition, I have no power issue.

To solve the problem I replaced the internal SATA connection cables with new ones, I tried to switch various SATA ports, deep analyzed the two disks. Regardless of my attempts with every power on, the shares on one of the disks are not visible on my DLNA client.

If I try to rescan from the web interface the effect is unpredictable: as a result I can see all the shares, or the same shares as before, or the shares from the other disk. It's crazy, there seems to be a random bug.

One important thing that Mike Warren probably can confirm is that I never have this problem with any version of OMV 5. The issue has started with OMV 6.

My two cents: this kind of issue sounds like a sort of race condition.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!