CMB/CIFS slow or breaking on iOS (Fine on win 10 & MacOS)

• Hello all,

New to OMV & networking, but fairly tech savvy otherwise. I have created a shared folder and it works fine. I based my setup mostly on this guide.

On my iPhone, weather I am using the "Files" app or through PhotoSync, I'm having issues. If I try to upload photos to the server, I get:

"The operation couldn't be completed/ Operation canceled"

When I try though the PhotoSync app, things are painfully slow. Photos spend a fraction of a second uploading but most of the time just sitting there idle. Getting about 1MB/s equivalent when I get 10MB+ on both my Windows PC and Mac notebook.

What would be the right way to go about diagnosing this? Thanks so much in advance!

Running on an RPi 3B, wired ethernet (network configured by my apartment, unfortunately).

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is a much better guide.

I uploaded the PhotoSync app on an iPhone 8 and it has worked fine for me for a couple of days. You may have permission issues on the folder you are trying to load to.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!