No write access to exFAT formatted Samsung T5 SSD USB drive with SMB

• I'm using a Western Digital NTFS formatted and a Samsung exFAT formatted USB drive together with my Raspberry Pi Model B+ and OMV.

With the WD drive everything works perfectly fine (read/write from my Windows 10 with SMB),

On my exFAT Samsung drive I've only read access.

Shared folder privileges (Menu: Access Rights Management/Shared Folders/Privileges) are set to read/write for all users and in the Menu "Services/SMB/CIFS/Shares" the read-only switches are NOT set. Both drives are mounted at the root (Relative Path = "/")

I know that formatting the Samsung T5 with ext4 or NTFS would presumably solve this problem. But then I would lose read/write access to the Samsung drive from my Windows and from my Mac (without adding additional drivers on these systems)

I guess this is a bug in the current version of OMV and it would be worth finding a solution or at least a workaround for this issue.

• baumaeschi

Hat den Titel des Themas von „No write access to exfat fromatted Samsung T5 SSD USB drive with SMB“ zu „No write access to exFAT formatted Samsung T5 SSD USB drive with SMB“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don’t know about Windows but my Mac has no problem accessing the ext4 disks of my server, AND without any “additional drivers”. Your user or users are not set up with proper permissions on your PCs.

Take a look at this Guide: [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 and Microsoft Servers

Edit: I think this Guide was more what I was thinking of. Both would be beneficial to read:

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…d=nas_permmissions_in_omv

Neither of the two file systems you are using are Linux native, so you are likely to have problems.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Agricola ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!