Symlinks Plugin Source & Destination Selection Boxes Not Scrollable

• When creating a new symlink, selecting the Browse directory buttons provides a popup box to allow filesystem navigation to select source and destination for the link. However these lists are not scrollable or movable by dragging. Reducing the size of all displayed elements in the browser far enough to see the entire displayed listing results in (to me anyway) an illegible list.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you mean in the symlinks plugin? Can you post a screenshot? It works fine on Chrome and Firefox on my system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• [Post Subject corrected]

Yes, the symlinks plugin on Chrome or Firefox, same problem.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cleared my browser cache and have the same issue now. The kvm plugin and the shared folder creation dialog use the same component and don't have the problem. I haven't changed the symlink plugin in a couple of months. So, I'm not sure what happened. votdev do you have any idea? https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ymlink-form-page.yaml#L25

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• gderf

Hat den Titel des Themas von „NFS Plugin Source & Destination Selection Boxes Not Scrollable“ zu „Symlinks Plugin Source & Destination Selection Boxes Not Scrollable“ geändert.
  • An enhancement to this plugin that many users who created symlinks by hand pre-plugin days would like:

To have the ability to navigate into a directory via a file browser button and then import any existing symlinks. Would be helpful if you have a bunch of existing links that you want to edit, delete, or just have them all in one place for viewing.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would be helpful if you have a bunch of existing links that you want to edit, delete, or just have them all in one place for viewing.

I will have to think about how to do that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, here is the first problem - the OMV directory picket doesn't show symlinks even directory symlinks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, it was just a thought. Thanks though.

Not done with the idea. Just the easiest idea is out.

• Not done with the idea. Just the easiest idea is out.

OK.

I was able to quickly create them anew in the plugin one by one. An ls-al listing in the shell gave me what I needed to paste into the creation box in both places. Some quick editing and then a Save. Throws a red popup about the directory already exists but that didn't prevent it from properly

creating.

For anyone watching the thread who needs to do this:

cut from the ls -al of /srv:

d5 -> /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-dd8ff6bf-6680-470f-b67c-26401b436fda

Then paste into the create box in two places and prune down to what's needed and save.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

gderf Do you have any symlinks on your system that this command excludes?

sudo find / -maxdepth 4 -type l -regextype posix-egrep -not -regex '/(bin|boot|dev|etc|lib|proc|run|sbin|sys|usr)/.*'

• The command found every one that I created (those in /srv) and some more. If it missed any that I didn't create I wouldn't know.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

The command found every one that I created (those in /srv) and some more. If it missed any that I didn't create I wouldn't know.

My idea was to offer a dialog that has a dropdown populated with the output from the command you just ran. It would add the selected symlink as the destination and use readlink to find the source and add to the database.

• That sounds like it would work well. Thanks for going the extra distance on this.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

6.0.2 in the repo with the import feature.

• The import function works well, but I find that I have to doubleclick the little arrow to get the list of importable links. Is this intended?

A word to the wise when using the import function. This will "bring in" a user selected previously existing symlink and make it available for manipulation such as editing, disablement, or deletion. Any of these actions can have potentially serious consequences.

For example, I imported the /bin link. Once I saw that it imported properly I deleted it. What I failed to realize was that deleting it wouldn't just delete it from the list in OMV, it also would delete it from the system drive. The result of this was having to perform a restore from this morning's dd backup image of the system. And even doing this was complicated because things were smashed so hard that I had to multiboot back into my old OMV 5 stick to be able to transfer the dd image to my workstation. Choose wisely. I chose poorly.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this intended?

No. The list probably wasn't finished running the find command the first time. It will be slower on slower systems and systems with more symlinks.

A word to the wise when using the import function. This will "bring in" a user selected previously existing symlink and make it available for manipulation such as editing, disablement, or deletion. Any of these actions can have potentially serious consequences.

For example, I imported the /bin link. Once I saw that it imported properly I deleted it. What I failed to realize was that deleting it wouldn't just delete it from the list in OMV, it also would delete it from the system drive. The result of this was having to perform a restore from this morning's dd backup image of the system. And even doing this was complicated because things were smashed so hard that I had to multiboot back into my old OMV 5 stick to be able to transfer the dd image to my workstation. Choose wisely. I chose poorly.

I will try to improve the excludes in the find command. I'm surprised your system was in bad shape Couldn't you just create a new symlink with /usr/bin/ln -s /usr/bin /bin? The plugin only runs the unlink command.

• I just tried the import list down arrow again and it filled out instantly. Prior tries showed the blue progress bar advance to the right instantly and stay that way without showing the list until I clicked again. I'll keep an eye on this.

I was going to recreate the link but I could not login. Not via ssh or via the ipmi SOL console. I didn't think to try pulling the stick and using my desktop box, try making the link there. Or maybe I could have booted to OMV 5, chrooted into the OMV 6 stick and remake the link. I had to pull the stick anyway to do the restore, so I guess I just wasn't thinking.

Oh well, that was a real world test of dd image backup restores. Happy to report my bacon was saved again!

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!