Vultr wants proof my OMV web server is running, but I can't log into the terminal to check. What is the default password for the terminal OMV login?

• Hi all,

I've setup omv but it's not showing on port 80.

So I've contacted support at Vultr to ask if it's a firewall issue.

I've asked as I can open their web based terminal and see the command line staring at me with:

`Debian GNU/LINUX 11 OMV tty1

OMV login:`

However, if I use admin / openmediavault it fails on attempt. Same with admin / (myownpasswordIset)

I've tried root as the username also, still no luck.

How can I log into the system from the command line to show to vultr support that the system is running?

Thank you:?:

• U: admin P:openmediavault os NOT a valid user for terminal or ssh use. It only works for the WEBGUI.

If you are using the credentials for root or other user you created are you sure you have the correct password?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Definitely correct password for root. I even re-installed, showed the password to be sure. It's just not letting me in.

I have no explanation for this.

Any ordinary unprivileged users you create must be a member of the ssh group to be able to ssh in, but root doesn't need to be.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• OK I have not any idea why, but I've moved to another computer and it's letting me SSH in. That's great!

So, question. How can I confirm to VULTR that the apache (or other) webserver is running on OMV?

Thanks again for your help there

• robster

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • You can run this command in the shell to show the installed version:

Code
    apt-cache policy nginx

nginx:
      Installed: 1.18.0-6.1
      Candidate: 1.18.0-6.1
      Version table:
     *** 1.18.0-6.1 500
            500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages

You can run this command to show it reports it version:

Code
    nginx -v

nginx version: nginx/1.18.0

--

• Have you actually installed OMV yet? If you did it's incomplete.

--

• I did yes, a full install from the ISO. Doing again now.....

Could this be the problem? (blurred out actual public IP). I am not sure what I should have here

https://i.imgur.com/Ft8zCzW.png

It has say 132.455.33.43 as my ip address and for the domain name it has say 455.33.43.vultr.com

I had it at localhost on my last install. This is a public facing server, not on my home network. Would I put localhost?

• Aha!

I have an idea. On Vultr, I created a Block Storage and assigned it to my server.

I then installed OMV to the Block Storage as the boot drive, then want to use the server as the storage drive.

However, of course my public IP is pointing at my storage drive (the server) rather than the block storage. Is that correct?

I need to figure out how can I point to the Block Storage to log into OMV. I've never used Block Storage before.

I'm asking Vultr and will report back.

This is due to OMV not allowing the system and the storage to be on the same drive.

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!