Changes via CLI are not updating on OMV webGUI

• I have a lengthy post-install script for my Debian server in which I also install OMV onto. I'm trying to make some modifications to config files from CLI but they aren't updating on the OMV web-GUI and this means I constantly see the 'Apply' configuration button.

Is there anyway of updating the front-end so that it reflects the changes done in the back-end via CLI?

• Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I'm not having any luck updating the webgui after making changes to files done via CLI. If I inspect the /etc/systemd/logind.conf file HandlePowerKey = ignore  matches with the webGUI.

51993281655_cb75c78c37.jpg

However, if I change HandlePowerKey = ignore to HandlePowerKey = poweroff[tt] using the following command[tt]sed -i 's/^#*HandlePowerKey.*/HandlePowerKey = poweroff/' "/etc/systemd/logind.conf"

the webGUI is not updating.

I've tried all sorts of the omv-salt commands and all I am aware of is the delpoy command replaces the parameter within the /etc/systemd/logind.conf file with the default OMV settings.

• OMV stores it's config in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and uses salt to modify the services config files. The other way round is not supported.

You will have to modify conig.xml or use rpv.php to make changes to config.xml and then use omv-salt to deploy this.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anyway of updating the front-end so that it reflects the changes done in the back-end via CLI?

No, this is not how OMV works. The OMV config database is the source of truth. Local changes to any files that are ochestrated by OMV will get lost if OMV (re)deploys them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!