Upgrade from OMV 4 to 5 failed - deb.debian.org failure?

• Hi

Tried to upgrade from OMV 4 - 5 today. Followed the steps here but it clearly didn't go to plan.

My log has a lot of errors about reaching deb.debian.org which I'm presuming is why it's failed...but any help troubleshooting would be much appreciated.

Also in the process my Docker service appears to have entirely disappeared with all my set up dockers.

Will they return when I get to reinstall the Docker plug-in when this is resolved?

Log file attached as too long to paste here.

• nickfrancis

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Upgrade from OMV 4 to 5 failed“ zu „Upgrade from OMV 4 to 5 failed - deb.debian.org failure?“ geändert.
  • Here is where your DNS broke:

Have you been able to fix the DNS resolution?

ls -lah /etc/resolv.conf 

cat /etc/resolv.conf

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi Zoki

Think DNS is now fixed - had that same thought this morning. Set name server to 8.8.8.8.

Tried running the command again this morning & now getting this:

Code
    2022-02-11T08:47:33,537276842+00:00
    run-parts: executing /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/check.d/01-debian-version
    You are trying to run this script from Debian '10.11', not Debian 'stretch'.
    run-parts: /root/openmediavault-upgrade-4.7/check.d/01-debian-version exited with return code 1

Done some googling but not getting anything significant. Looks like parts of the upgrade have worked & parts haven't.

• Ye,s the update is half through and the os is updated to debian 9, so the upgrade script will not run. have you tried what apt says:

Code
    E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks for your help again Zoki.

Did try that but sadly didn't work.

However it sent me on a little more of a forum search - and the below thread, from post #15 onwards, reading through carefully, including fixing the webgui I am now running 5.6.25-1

Now to rebuild all my dockers :(

Thanks again :)

• nickfrancis

Hat das Label OMV 4.x hinzugefügt.
  • nickfrancis

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • nickfrancis

Hat das Label Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Glad you managed it. Your system should not have been that badly damaged as the one in the other thread but you are back.

Why do you need to rebuild the dockers? Your containers should not have been vanished, maybe the UI has.

on the cli type docker ps -a and docker system df

• Glad you managed it. Your system should not have been that badly damaged as the one in the other thread but you are back.

Why do you need to rebuild the dockers? Your containers should not have been vanished, maybe the UI has.

on the cli type docker ps -a and docker system df

Sorry, disappeared for a week. You're right, I didn't need to rebuild the Dockers - they were all there. Just had to boot up Portainer & voila!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!