Unable to update OMV or install some extras

• Hi All,

Newbie here, well I've been using OMV for quite some time and tinker with Linux a little.

I am having an issue upgrading, I noticed it when I tried to install "Remote Mount", it would not install so I tried to update.. upgrade etc but keep getting a set of errors. Both in the WEBGUI and in the terminal.

I get the following...

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libpython3.7-stdlib:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-dbus' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libpython2.7:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libreadline5:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libxpm4:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-dialog' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-distro' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libxrender1:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-colorama' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'php7.3-readline' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libnorm1:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'rpcbind' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-click' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libpython3.7-minimal:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libnl-route-3-200:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:

loading files list file for package 'libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64': cannot open /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64.list (No such device or address)

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

After some Internet searching I have tried to fix and force the packages, cleaned APT using OMV-Firstaid but no luck. I have run out of Ideas and wondered if there were any suggestions of how I might get this working (my next action will likely be a fresh install and set everything up again )

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Oh, this is runnning on an miniPC 64bit in case that matters :)

Mike

• So, I thing I figured it out.

I deleted the files list for each package then :-

sudo apt --fix-missing update

sudo apt update

sudo apt install -f

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-upgrade

All now seems ok (fingers crossed). Note sure if this is the correct procedure, this was trial and error from searching the internet but though id post it incase it helps anyone else.

TTFN Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it is best to do updates from the web user interface. If you do them from the cli use apt dist-upgrade instead of apt upgrade. I think that is the best practice these days.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

• I think it is best to do updates from the web user interface. If you do them from the cli use apt dist-upgrade instead of apt upgrade. I think that is the best practice these days.

Hi donh thank you for your message. I did initially use the web interface and received the errors above so then logged in via ssh to try and resolve.

• Mrmike126

Since this was only when doing an install of a plugin, and you already did some extras steps, without knowing what you did prior to it (aka, no output of the commands runned other than the error on dpkg) it's difficult to understand what went wrong.

donh

The proper command to use via CLI is:

omv-upgrade github - omv-upgrade

I think that it keeps dependencies in a proper way.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!