On-the-fly file system change

• Make a backup of your data disk (you should have one!)

Stop all services

Point you shared folders to some place which survives the next steps (may be an empty folder on os disk)

Delete the array

Recreate the array

Restore the backup

Make your shared folders point to the right directories

Start the services

Take care for any symlinks or dockers creates with volumes pointing to /srv/dev-disk-by....

That is as easy as it can get.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Friend, I asked for on-the-fly conversion without data loss. Something like in windows you change the file system from FAT32 to NTFS.

I knew about breaking the matrix and doing everything from the beginning before I asked the question on the forum. I can not do this because I have nowhere to save the data from the matrix.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any easy way to convert the filesystem to ext4 but without losing any data

Friend, I asked for on-the-fly conversion without data loss

As Zoki said the simple answer is no, but his reply was probably not as direct.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• As Zoki said the simple answer is no, but his reply was probably not as direct.

Isn't it just a matter of running convert --force windows linux --now on the CLI?!?

:D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't let it go, :saint:

• Friend, I asked for on-the-fly conversion without data loss. Something like in windows you change the file system from FAT32 to NTFS.

I knew about breaking the matrix and doing everything from the beginning before I asked the question on the forum. I can not do this because I have nowhere to save the data from the matrix.

Depends on what you call "easyy way". But if you do not have backups of the data, why not just delete it and start fresh?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• You got all the answers:

- There is no magic way to convert file systems from btrfs to ext4

- You will have to format the raid and restore a backup.

- You may have to change configs.

See #4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!