no start of Portainer

• ok, it looks so that is run

Code
     docker stop plex
    plex
    ##:~# sudo lsof -i:32400
    COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    Plex\x20M 792 plex   60u  IPv6  24721      0t0  TCP *:32400 (LISTEN)
  • Someone must have installed it on your computer :)

Forthe moment:

kill -9 792

docker start plex

docker logs plex

See if it starts.

or try systemctl stop ple<Hit-TAB for autocomplete> and see if it tells you something.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Forthe moment:

kill -9 792

docker start plex

docker logs plex

output:

what do you mean with this?

or try systemctl stop ple<Hit-TAB for autocomplete> and see if it tells you something.

If I press TAB, there don´t work anythink.

If I do systemctl stop plex, then I get this output:

Code
    systemctl stop plex
    Failed to stop plex.service: Unit plex.service not loaded.
  • I do not know by which method plex is installed on your system, so the systemctl command was a ry if there is a systemd unit to start stop plex.

if you reboot, the plex you killed will be running again. You will have to disable or remove the other plex, but I can not help here.

Best you ask the one who installed it.

You can try to ls /etc/systemd/system or ls /etc/systemd/user or ls /etc/init.d to see, if there is a file with plex in the name.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Now I deleted the stack and tried to reach sudo lsof -i:32400

I see nothing.

In the folders I can see

/usr/lib/plexmediaserver (with any files)

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-med/Medianas/appdata (with any files)

Should I delete these folders and files?

I do not know by which method plex is installed on your system, so the systemctl command was a try if there is a systemd unit to start stop plex.

Best you ask the one who installed it.

I was it, who installed it last year. :) (but I wrote it - I do it over portainer -> container

PS: another idea, I have now a switch between modem-router and NAS, is this an option for the failure? I can also not WOL since I have this switch.

If I remember correctly, I tried a manual update at the time. (sudo apt install ./) Maybe something went wrong there.

• Did you run two instances of the plex container?

Given the stack here:

this /usr/lib/plexmediaserver is not mounted to the container and is not used by it.

This /srv/dev-disk-by-label-med/Medianas/appdata is mounted inside the container, so do not delete it.

Can you disable the plex container, reboot the system and see, is something is listening on port 32400

Then start the container to see, if it starts up.

• Did you run two instances of the plex container?

No, not that I know of.

this /usr/lib/plexmediaserver is not mounted to the container and is not used by it.

This /srv/dev-disk-by-label-med/Medianas/appdata is mounted inside the container, so do not delete it.

I think both are not mounted now, because I removed now the Stack.

One of this was the first installation last year and the second (the stack) is from the last days.

I reboot the system.

• I see also, that docker is installed under the NAS-Storage:

That is ok, this is where docker stores the images and containers, so you can reinstall the os withot loosing anything in docker.

Maybe you should take notes, why you did what on the system.

should I remove it manually?

If /usr/lib/plexmediaserver is really the leftover of the previous docker install, you can delete it, but from the name it sounds like a native install.

You will have to remember what you did or which tutorial you followed.

• tutorial to plex install:

https://www.elefacts.de/test-1…en_unter_openmediavault_5

tutorial to plex update:

https://www.elefacts.de/test-1…er_openmediavault_updaten

tutorial to docker install:

https://www.elefacts.de/test-1…eue_nas_kopieren_mit_omv5

If /usr/lib/plexmediaserver is really the leftover of the previous docker install, you can delete it, but from the name it sounds like a native install.

I think, this is the installation with the tutorial.

Is it possible, that docker is not right installed?

• Nope, this tutorial does not bind /usr/lib/plexmediaserver into the container.

Your docker is working.

After reboot, is there a plex process running on port 32400?

• Code
     sudo lsof -i:32400
    COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
    Plex\x20M 760 plex   60u  IPv6  22845      0t0  TCP *:32400 (LISTEN)

yes it looks so, crazy...

can we see, where this process is or some kind of backtracking

• You can try ps or netstat

ps axuf |grep 760 (find by process id)

sudo netstat -tulpen |grep 32400  (find by port)

netstat my need to be installed sudo apt install net-tools

• ok

Code
    ~# ps axuf |grep 760
    root     24140  0.0  0.0   6088   892 pts/0    S+   20:13   0:00      |   \_ grep 760
    plex       760  0.2  0.5 2222208 83984 ?       Ssl  17:39   0:19 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
    root       943  0.0  0.1  47760 20924 ?        Ss   17:39   0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group
    root@omnas:~# sudo netstat -tulpen |grep 32400
    tcp6       0      0 :::32400                :::*                    LISTEN      997        22845      760/Plex Media Serv
  • it looks like the software-version, which plex show in the browser

Code
     dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii  libgraphite2-3:amd64              1.3.13-7                            amd64        Font rendering engine for Complex Scripts -- library
    ii  plexmediaserver                   1.21.4.4054-bab510e86               amd64        Plex organizes all of your personal media so you can easily access and enjoy it.

Code
    ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d
    omvextras.list                        openmediavault.list        openmediavault-os-security.list
    openmediavault-kernel-backports.list  openmediavault-local.list  plexmediaserver.list
  • yes, just purge it and

rm /etc/apt.sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list to remove the repo from your computer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!