"Something went wrong trying to pull and start portainer"

• I'm trying to set up Docker for the first time, following the guide. When I get to installing Portainer (step 4), it fails however with this message:

I found an old thread with the same message, but nothing there seems to apply:

- My DNS is working fine (indicated above and confirmed with ping from cli).

- I'd never installed/used Docker before on this machine, nothing else is using port 8000.

I've tried removing/reinstalling/restarting both Docker and Portainer, no luck. Ideas?

• arjan

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • When you say you 'deleted and recreated the entire Docker folder', which Docker folder specifically are you talking about?

I'm running into this same issue!

I installed some updates through the GUI and then Docker and Portainer stopped working. I tried updating from 5.6 to 6.x - that did not resolve the issue. I've hit 'Remove' and 'Install' on both Docker and Portainer through the GUI with no success.

I really don't want to delete the Docker directory if it will stop my portainer images from coming back up (Duplicati, etc.) as those took a long time to configure!

• I'm having the exact same issue as well - started after a power outage the last few days. I assume at this point I lost all my dockers and configuration which I'll get over but I just want to be able to get things back up and running again given all my drives/shares are still working great.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm having the exact same issue as well - started after a power outage the last few days. I assume at this point I lost all my dockers and configuration which I'll get over but I just want to be able to get things back up and running again given all my drives/shares are still working great.

It is an apparmor issue because of change in docker. I pinned the thread hoping people would find it. You haven't lost anything.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Still can't get Portainer running but so happy my dockers are all running again.

Remove it and re-install it (assuming you used omv-extras to install it first).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Actually I found this in another thread:

apt install apparmor apparmor-utils auditd

which seems to fix everything. So glad all my stuff is still there!

It is in the thread I linked to as well. That is the more dangerous solution and auditd is definitely not needed. Please read the thread I linked to.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is it dangerous?

if apparmor is not configured correctly, it could start blocking many things like docker and other services.

• It is an apparmor issue because of change in docker. I pinned the thread hoping people would find it. You haven't lost anything.

This post links to the right thread to resolve this issue appropriately. Thank You

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!