Can't mount external drive on new OMV5 installation

• Dear all

After a couple of years where my NUC was running OMV4, the setup started to misbehave, and I thought it was a good reason to start over and upgrade to OMV5.

After a smooth installation, OMV5 is giving me some problems.

The biggest issue is that my external drive is seen by OMV, but it only wanted to mount the first time I tried. And afterwards when I had to accept the changes I got this error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color quota 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian: ---------- ID: quota_off_no_quotas_b69a3881-eb72-4105-942d-13d281e7bb90 Function: cmd.run Name: quotaoff --group --user /dev/disk/by-uuid/[lot's of numbers] || true Result: True Comment: Command "quotaoff --group --user /dev/disk/by-uuid/[lot's of numbers] || true" run Started: 16:52:14.079504 Duration: 86.757 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 1851 retcode: 0 stderr: stdout: ---------- ID: quota_check_no_quotas_[lot's of numbers] Function: cmd.run Name: quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid[lot's of numbers] Result: False Comment: Command "quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid/[lot's of numbers]" run Started: 16:52:14.166552 Duration: 17684.299 ms Changes: ---------- pid: 1853 retcode: 1 stderr: quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sdb1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-[lot's of numbers]] quotacheck: Something weird happened while scanning.

Error 2133571361 stdout: |/-\|/-\|/-\|[these signs keeps repeating for pages]-\|/-\| ---------- ID: disable_quota_service Function: service.disabled Name: quota Result: True Comment: Service quota is already disabled, and is in the desired state Started: 16:52:31.898759 Duration: 53.046 ms Changes: Summary for debian ------------ Succeeded: 2 (changed=2) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 3 Total run time: 17.824 s

I searched on the error, and read that I should try and install the plugin 'openmediavault-diskstats'. I did that, restarted and now I get the following error when I try to mount the drive:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-uuid/[lot's of numbers]' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-[lot's of numbers]: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or mount point busy.

When I use ssh to check the mount point under /srv/, I can see that there already is a empty folder with the drives UUID-name.

I found this thread about the same error. But the only solution presented is to wipe the the drive. disk fails to mount with exit code '32' - already mounted or mount point busy.

Does anybody have a solution or an explanation to this error?

Thanks!

• This one fails:

quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid[lot's of numbers]

Run it on the cli to see the errors.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• This one fails:

quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid[lot's of numbers]

Run it on the cli to see the errors.

Thanks for your reply!

If I run this command

quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid/b69a3881-eb72-4105-942d-13d281e7bb90

I just get this not very informative output:

quotacheck: Cannot find mountpoint for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/b69a3881-eb72-4105-942d-13d281e7bb90

quotacheck: No correct mountpoint specified.

quotacheck: Cannot initialize mountpoint scan.

• I tried running these commands as written in the thread you linked to:

Code
    # omv-salt deploy run fstab
    # cat /etc/fstab
    # omv-salt deploy run quota

And I get this output:

When I afterwards run the following command again, I still get the same output as before.

Code
    quotacheck --user --group --create-files --no-remount --verbose /dev/disk/by-uuid/b69a3881-eb72-4105-942d-13d281e7bb90

Do you have any other advice?

• There may have been a problem with the external drive. I ended up buying a new one, and that solved the problem.

But I didn't figure out what went wring with the old drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!