NUT Questions

• Hi all,

I ditching my old QNAP NAS and swapping over the OMV5 and have a couple of questions regarding NUT. I have my UPS connected via USB to my Router (pfSense) as a Server and QNAP as a Slave. Both the QNAP and the Router are powered via the UPS, as will be OMV.

My understanding is that NUT on OMV expects the UPS to be connected directly to it and it cannot be configured as a NUT Slave. Correct? So, are there any recommendations for how I can have OMV shutdown when the battery level gets to a predetermined level during a power failure?

TIA

OMV 6 Lenovo M910q - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 16GB RAM

• This is not correct, you have to use the correct ups driver and it works.

listenes to an apc daemon on the network.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• This is not correct,

Well, that is good news, I will look into it.

Apart from removing the power to the UPS, is there anyway of testing if the NUT config, as per your screenshot, it setup correctly?

• Do you have an APC UPS? In post #1 you are talking about nut network slave mode .

nut does not start, if it can not conect to the ups / upstream server.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• OK, worked out that I should have setup NUT as NetClient and not Standalone.

It seems to be connecting to the NUT Server as I can see connection details in the Server Logs. However when I boot OMV I notice the following message flash up during the boot process " Failed to Start: Network UPS Tools".

Should I be concerned about this message?

TIA

• make sure the nut service is running. If it fails to start, you have to check why.

• Maybe the network isn't UP before the nut starts.

Check it after boot with systemctl status nut-client.service

Something like:

Code
    pi@xxxxxxxx:~ $ systemctl status nut-client.service
    ● nut-monitor.service - Network UPS Tools - power device monitor and shutdown controller
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Fri 2022-03-11 14:10:08 WET; 3 weeks 4 days ago
     Main PID: 1022 (upsmon)
        Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)
       CGroup: /system.slice/nut-monitor.service
               ├─1013 /lib/nut/upsmon
               └─1022 /lib/nut/upsmon

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!