Setting up nextcloud in docker

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you get to the swag park page?... Cuz I'm getting to yours just fine and it appears all is normal (note the padlock by the url)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK so in step 11 it says to try go to https://www.YOUR-SUBDOMAIN.duckdns.org but I just get met with "this site cant be reached"

Do I also need SSL on in OMV?

No... it's working outside of your network.

Can you get to that site on a device that isn't on your network (say a phone/tablet that has a data plan, and is not on your wifi)

• No... it's working outside of your network.

Can you get to that site on a device that isn't on your network (say a phone/tablet that has a data plan, and is not on your wifi)

Yea! I can access outside my network but not inside I tried multiple browsers and incognito???

I found this in portainer logs:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yea! I can access outside my network but not inside I tried multiple browsers and incognito???

I found this in portainer logs:

I think this might be that loopback issue Zoki discussed earlier. I'm not really sure how to overcome this. You can still set everything up, but you'll have to use nextcloud (and any other service) via local.ip:port and then outside of your house, you'll be able to access via domain

• I think this might be that loopback issue Zoki discussed earlier. I'm not really sure how to overcome this. You can still set everything up, but you'll have to use nextcloud (and any other service) via local.ip:port and then outside of your house, you'll be able to access via domain

Oh if that's the only drawback then I'm happy haha, will that be myip:450 again?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Oh if that's the only drawback then I'm happy haha, will that be myip:450 again?

yes, so on your network, you'll need to access via ip:450.. off network, you'll be able to access via domain

I think we're gonna have to make a minor change to that walkthrough though and the config.php.... so let me check something

• yes, so on your network, you'll need to access via ip:450.. off network, you'll be able to access via domain

I think we're gonna have to make a minor change to that walkthrough though and the config.php.... so let me check something

I actually cant access through myip:450 anymore after completing the guide to step 23

• Offizieller Beitrag

I actually cant access through myip:450 anymore after completing the guide to step 23

OK first... I just checked https://nextcloud.28nasbois28.duckdns.org and is secured... so you've properly set up nextcloud... if you want to check it from your phone/tablet on the data plan.. you'll see it's working.

Now we need to make it where you can use it locally.

Go back to the step where you edit your config.php (can't remember which one it is)...

and nano config.php again.

Once it's open... find this line

Code
     'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.28nasbois28.duckdns.org'

and change it to this (basically just put a # sign in front of it)

Code
     #'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.28nasbois28.duckdns.org'

Cntrl X, then Y, then enter to save and drop back to your prompt.

Now run the command

docker restart nextcloud

Once it restarts, you should be able to get to the nextcloud on your network via https://your.ip:450

Then with your tablet/phone that is not on your network, you should be able to reach it by domain

• Offizieller Beitrag

Actually that's not weird.. that's the way I wrote the instructions.... (your problem is very uncommon so it's not normally an issue, and most people disable local access anyway)

• Actually that's not weird.. that's the way I wrote the instructions.... (your problem is very uncommon so it's not normally an issue, and most people disable local access anyway)

Interesting, thank you so much for the help, it makes me feel better that it wasn't me doing something wrong haha!

I made that change to the config and all works! Is there a way to remove the "not secure" warning?

Now to work out how to use nextcloud!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting, thank you so much for the help, it makes me feel better that it wasn't me doing something wrong haha!

I made that change to the config and all works! Is there a way to remove the "not secure" warning?

Now to work out how to use nextcloud!

You mean up by the URL.. or where you have to accept the security risk to continue?

The former, no... because by definition it is insecure (I guess you could do a self signed cert maybe, but I don't know).

The latter.. yes.

If you proceed on down to the "solutions to common issues"... there's a couple things there I go over resolving... Not really "problems" per se, just warning flags that Nextcloud does (if you do a security scan on your Nextcloud set up, it's getting an A+.. https://scan.nextcloud.com/ so it's been set up as well as can be expected).... one of them is setting up trusted proxies. That should clear you having to accept the security risk when going to ip:450

If you follow all the things I put there... You'll eventually get an "All Checks Passed" under the Admin Settings.

• Thank you so much, I've noticed it works very slowly on local, is that to be expected? Thanks for all the help you're a lifesaver

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you so much, I've noticed it works very slowly on local, is that to be expected? Thanks for all the help you're a lifesaver

Nextcloud is kinda slow at first until it kinda gets in its grove (at least that is my experience).. but once it's been up and running for a bit, it starts to really speed up... this of course assumes you're not trying to run it on a Commodore 64.

• Nextcloud is kinda slow at first until it kinda gets in its grove (at least that is my experience).. but once it's been up and running for a bit, it starts to really speed up... this of course assumes you're not trying to run it on a Commodore 64.

Hahah thanks for the advice. I intend to share the nextcloud data as a fileshare in OMV to my pc so i can upload work there and access it elsewhere via nextcloud. Looking forward to getting it going!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hahah thanks for the advice. I intend to share the nextcloud data as a fileshare in OMV to my pc so i can upload work there and access it elsewhere via nextcloud. Looking forward to getting it going!

Very handy for that.

I've almost completely de-Google'd my life w/ Nextcloud. I have it set up as cloud storage, cloud office, and check my email in Nextcloud (that's the only thing I can't break from Google on, Gmail.. )

I don't use Windows, but there's a Desktop app you can use to sync folders on your PC, to your nextcloud automatically (I assume if they are available for the Linux desktop, they are available for Windows)

• Very handy for that.

I've almost completely de-Google'd my life w/ Nextcloud. I have it set up as cloud storage, cloud office, and check my email in Nextcloud (that's the only thing I can't break from Google on.. )

I don't use Windows, but there's a Desktop app you can use to sync folders on your PC, to your nextcloud automatically (I assume if they are available for the Linux desktop, they are available for Windows)

Yeah thats my plan!! Harddrives are cheaper than google photos by a LOT especially for the larger packages.

Also I'm graduating soon so I'm going to lose access to my Uni OneDrive so I need a good replaceement

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah thats my plan!! Harddrives are cheaper than google photos by a LOT especially for the larger packages.

Also I'm graduating soon so I'm going to lose access to my Uni OneDrive so I need a good replaceement

Well good luck with it, hopefully it meets all your needs. I use NC quite a bit and really like it (while my server isn't quite a Commodore 64, it is about 11yrs old.. and NC runs just fine on it)

This thread is going to be marked resolved, but if you have further issues you can come back to it.

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!