iTunes/DAAP music playback stops after a few minutes

• Well so far so good. I've tested it this evening with a chunk of my collection (which is mostly ALAC/FLAC) and some MP3/AAC too. There are obviously some things I can't test due to not having a Soundbridge etc, but for iTunes, the time out issue and various formats it's a winner. I'll continue testing over the next few days and let you know if any problems pop up :)

• I had quite a bit more free time today than I thought I would so have tested the DAAP server pretty much all day. It's been going for about 13 hours with no problems. I don't think it needs any more testing from my end :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a testing version here that fixes the issues but it only works on wheezy (omv 0.6+). Why are you staying on 0.4?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ArmandH"

i have same issue, would love to see some new version, i am running omv 0.4.38

I would highly recommend updating to Wheezy and Kralizec. I've experienced no issues with the beta thus far, and you get your forked-dappd back :) Ryecoaaron's compiled ejurgensen's latest build, so you have a fix for the time out issue and a ton of other features.

• Zitat von "ellnic"

I would highly recommend updating to Wheezy and Kralizec. I've experienced no issues with the beta thus far, and you get your forked-dappd back :) Ryecoaaron's compiled ejurgensen's latest build, so you have a fix for the time out issue and a ton of other features.

And I highly recommend to not do that! The upgrade process is still not 100% smooth and it can be hard for normal users to fix theire systems if they encounter an error while upgrading. So, do not upgrade to 0.6 if you don't really need to.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Right now, upgrading to 0.6 is the only way to get a functioning forked-daapd though. I do agree that upgrading has issues (works fine in my tests if you remove all plugins). In a PM today, Volker told me he is currently working on the upgrade process.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

And I highly recommend to not do that! The upgrade process is still not 100% smooth and it can be hard for normal users to fix theire systems if they encounter an error while upgrading. So, do not upgrade to 0.6 if you don't really need to.

Greetings
    David

Sorry I should clarify what I meant. I have never been a big fan of upgrading an OS via dist-upgrade etc and have always opted for a fresh install. What I meant by upgrade was 'move to'. I did a clean install of Wheezy and put Kralizec on it. This is how I would suggest it be done.

• Hi

I'm running Linux OpenMediaVault 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u3 x86_64 GNU/Linux with the daapd plugin enabled. Using Rhythmbox I can connect to the service but after playing a song for about a minute the server disappears from Rhythmbox and the music stops. connectivity to the box is good and all file transfers functions seem well behaved. Looking at the logs I see this bad boy

Nov 5 17:24:06 OpenMediaVault kernel: [13746.990544] forked-daapd[4976]: segfault at 7f4b5ba7c000 ip 00007f4b60bccb44 sp 00007f4b5ba796b8 error 7 in libc-2.13.so[7f4b60aae000+182000]

So I guess this is a bug not a feature?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!