OMV OS storage is Filling up

• Hello,

Since I upgraded to OMV 6 from 5 I noticed that my OMV OS drive sda1 is filling up day by day. I do have mapped folders on it and I do not have anything installed and I have no changed where my logs are stored. I did installed gparted and system rescue but I have since removed them. How can I get this storage back?

• I have already followed that log and it showed me the /var/logs file was the biggest cause of the issue. I used WINSCP and removed the logs that took up most of the storage, but in less thank 24 hours, it is back. I turned off all logging and that folder still seems to grow. If I reboot OMV, the OS Drive goes to 8GB used, and over time will climb. I do not have Docker and Portainer installed at all and when I did on OMV 5 I removed the left over Container files to free up space.

• Which log grows so fast? What is written in there?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• It is in /var/log/journal as it is filling up with logs from system changes, as well as var/log/syslog is getting as big as 10GB of data. I have 25 users using this with a Samba Share with a 24GB OS Storage and 60TB RAID of drives in RAID6. On OMV5 my OS storage only used about 4GB of the 24GB and when I upgraded to OMV6 it doubled from 4 to almost 8GB. Which is fine. I don't use Docker at all since I have a Proxmox environment that I use for VM's. IN OMV5, I was able to turn off logging on anything, but didn't as the built in log system would overwrite for me without me doing anything so my storage was fine. I have tried to figure out which config file is handling that but it seems to have changed since I last checked.

• You can set the log options for journald e.g. max size or max age.

If your users create so much log files, you need to adjust the log rotation as well, but this is not normal.

Did you find a reason for the messages?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!