ZFS Plugin refuses to install on fresh OMV installation.

• I'm ready to pull my hair out here. I really really love OMV but I have to have ZFS. On a clean installation of OMV 6 it seems impossible to install the ZFS plugin and it feels like it's due to the fact that backports are included and it's either causing on otherwise stable OS experience to suck majorly or it's just a new bug I'm guessing. I had no issues whatsoever installing ZFS plugin on OMV 5 so it's not like I'm a complete noob. I installed all updates and ran the terminal command over ssh to enable omv extras. Try to install ZFS and fail. Also tried installing the kernel plugin to install the proxmox kernel and it seems to be working no better or I'm missing something. Doesn't seem to be very good documentation on OMV like there is for TrueNAS so I have no clue what to do to get it working. I keep looking at alternative file systems and RAID but nothing seems safe compared to ZFS. I've only got 4 x 4TB WD Blues. I've heard RAID 5 is risky not to mention when I started initializing the array it was going to take like 30 hours and ZFS takes literally seconds. Right now I'm running TrueNAS scale just to have a semi functional server but I can't stand it. I really really want OMV. I'm going on a week of trying and trying and giving up all hope. Someone please come to the rescue here. I can't be the only person to have experienced this issue. If there is no hope for ZFS I'm still open to alternatives as long as they are safe and reliable. No way am I waiting 30 hours to use my drives in 2022. I've heard of unionfs and snapraid but I keep seeing posts about people saying it's risky or you only use it for data that just sits and is not actually changed which seems completely useless and hard to believe that someone would create a software solution that people have to be paranoid to use. Are they just wrong? I'm open to suggestions but really hoping for ZFS here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I disable backports? Edit sources file or is there a gui option?

There is a checkbox to disable it in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you so much geaves and ryecoaaron I can't express to you how grateful I am for your amazing help after fighting this all week long. This time it was smooth as butter and the steps make total sense so I won't forget how to do it in the future.You folks are amazing! Great community support keeps projects like this thriving. God bless and have an amazing weekend!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!