Raspberry Pi 4 OMV updates cannot be installed

• Hi ppl,

I need your help guys. I installed OMV on my Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspberry Pi OS 64Bit. On the updates page in settings section I try to install available updates, but it gives me this error:

Code
    The following packages have been kept back:
      libldb2 libwbclient0 python3-ldb python3-samba samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs samba-vfs-modules userconf-pi
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.

Any ideas how to fix that? apt-get dist-upgrade does not work.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: apt-cache policy samba

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What is the output of: apt-cache policy samba

Code
    samba:
      Installed: 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5
      Candidate: 2:4.16.4+dfsg-2~bpo11+1
      Version table:
         2:4.16.4+dfsg-2~bpo11+1 100
            100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian bullseye-backports/main arm64 Packages
     *** 2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5 100
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u4 500
            500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 Packages
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know how your backports and regular repo weighting is at 100. But this is making your system want to install all packages from backports instead of just the ones pinned. Disable backports in omv-extras and/or revert any repo changes you made that might have change the repo weighting.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I don't know how your backports and regular repo weighting is at 100. But this is making your system want to install all packages from backports instead of just the ones pinned. Disable backports in omv-extras and/or revert any repo changes you made that might have change the repo weighting.

OMG back ports were activated per default in settings->omv extras. Deactivated it, and all updates went away.

• Offizieller Beitrag

back ports were activated per default in settings->omv extras. Deactivated it, and all updates went away

Backports is enabled by default in OMV not because of omv-extras. omv-extras is just exposing a control to change it. Your repo pinning is not normal though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no reason to enable backports on the RPi. So, I would leave it disabled and you should be fine.

• I've been struggling with the exact same problem on Raspberry Pi OS 64Bit all day! I've had to format the sdcard and burn Raspberry Pi OS four times this afternoon.

sudo apt-get autoremove nuked omv the first time by deleting all the files it mistakenly thought weren't needed. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade nuked it the second time and omv-upgrade nuked it a third time. After each time all the files were auto deleted I was unable to reinstall omv without starting from a newly burnt sdcard as the script failed due to missing files. Is there an issue with the raspberry pi script at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install  when using it for 64 bit PiOS?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there an issue with the raspberry pi script at

It isn't just for RPis. And while I have installed on an RPi recently, it hasn't been an issue before. I will have to try it. Maybe I will have to disable backports by default on RPi.

• I've been struggling with the exact same problem on Raspberry Pi OS 64Bit all day! I've had to format the sdcard and burn Raspberry Pi OS four times this afternoon.

sudo apt-get autoremove nuked omv the first time by deleting all the files it mistakenly thought weren't needed. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade nuked it the second time and omv-upgrade nuked it a third time. After each time all the files were auto deleted I was unable to reinstall omv without starting from a newly burnt sdcard as the script failed due to missing files. Is there an issue with the raspberry pi script at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/install  when using it for 64 bit PiOS?

I tried all that as well and my complete installation was broken. It was just this backports checkmark in the omv-extras settings :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The install script will disable backports on install for the RPi now. I didn't dig into but a fresh Raspberry Pi OS install will have apt pinning at 100. The RPi doesn't need backports enabled anyway. So, I would recommend that all RPi users disable backports.

• The install script will disable backports on install for the RPi now. I didn't dig into but a fresh Raspberry Pi OS install will have apt pinning at 100. The RPi doesn't need backports enabled anyway. So, I would recommend that all RPi users disable backports.

My openmediavault-local.pref file has apt pinning 995. Should I change it to 100? This is on a fresh 64bit PiOS install.

Code
    Package: *
    Pin: origin ""
    Pin-Priority: 995

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!