After script installation reboot the RPI4 hangs.

• Hi guys,

I tried to install with success several OMV6 to RPI4 on o.s. Bullseye, but now after i execute the script

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.…tallScript/master/install | sudo bash

the RPI reboot automatically and then hangs after creating with success the system users.

Seems it found something on a fs, but the message vanishes after 1 second and I cannot read it.

The screen tells me that no longer receive a signal from the raspberry, which has both the green and the red light permanently on, and the router does not see the raspberry connected either.

The installation seems to finish correctly, the problems occur after reboot.

Is this a problem with the script?

Thank you.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is this a problem with the script?

If you see the OMV web interface and it allows you to login, the script has done its job. Is your SD card new?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your answer.

I do not see the web interface. Not even the router sees the raspberry.

The card is not new but if it works with a clean RPI os Bullseye I do not think that the problem depends on the card.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it has been a problem with the debian repositories.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The card is not new but if it works with a clean RPI os Bullseye I do not think that the problem depends on the card.

cards can start to hit their write limit on certain sectors. And I have seen them fail in odd ways where only one or two files are corrupt.

• cards can start to hit their write limit on certain sectors. And I have seen them fail in odd ways where only one or two files are corrupt.

You have right. I changed the card and after the OMV script and reboot everything works.

So I tried the next step: to use berryboot to create a partition on a usb/ssd disk with the same Bullseye os and to use the same script.

The result is that after the first reboot the RPI continues to reboot.

I checked the /dev/sda1 fs of the usb disk to find bad blocks with the command

sudo badblocks -v /dev/sda1 > badsectors.txt

but it did not find any error.

So why the RPI continues to reboot after the end of the OMV script?

Thanks!

• I think it has been a problem with the debian repositories.

the problem seems to depend on the card.

But now I have a problem with the OMV script and berryboot as I writed to ryecoaaron.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I tried the next step: to use berryboot to create a partition on a usb/ssd disk with the same Bullseye os and to use the same script.

The result is that after the first reboot the RPI continues to reboot.

Never used berryboot. Why do you want to do that? I don't see any need and with the problems you are having with it, that confirms my comment.

I checked the /dev/sda1 fs of the usb disk to find bad blocks with the command

sudo badblocks -v /dev/sda1 > badsectors.txt

but it did not find any error.

It is pointless to look for bad blocks on an SD card. If you suspect something is wrong with the card, it is not to be trusted.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Never used berryboot. Why do you want to do that? I don't see any need and with the problems you are having with it, that confirms my comment.

It is pointless to look for bad blocks on an SD card. If you suspect something is wrong with the card, it is not to be trusted.

I use berryboot because I want to use the RPI also as a desktop pc with a second partition with RPI os with desktop, and I want to use it also like a game pc with a third partition and batocera. I also used pinn but with the same result. I used badblocks command to check the usb disk.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!