OMV 6 - smart control and JMicron controller

• First a bit of background.

I am using an Argon EON NAS case for my Raspberry Pi 4 8GB, running 64-bit Bullseye lite, with OMV 6 installed.

I have 4 SATA hard drives installed in it, two of the drives (WD Red 2TB) are running in RAID1 mode, configured via mdadm.

All of that is working fine.

The Argon EON includes a USB-A port that lets you use a USB based drive for the boot drive.
    I am using a ZEXMTE M.2 NVME USB 3.1 adapter with a WD Black 500GB NVME drive.

The ZEXMTE adapter uses a JMicron chipset.

In the S.M.A.R.T. interface, the drive is listed as UNKNOWN.

If I use the following command on the console, I get the S.M.A.R.T. information I am looking for:

Code
    sudo smartctl -a /dev/sdc -d sntjmicron

The comment inside the /etc/smartd.conf file says not to modify it.

How can I get OMV to apply the "-d sntjmicron" parameter for /dev/sdc?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have 4 SATA hard drives installed in it, two of the drives (WD Red 2TB) are running in RAID1 mode, configured via mdadm.

usb connected raid : (

How can I get OMV to apply the "-d sntjmicron" parameter for /dev/sdc?

OMV would need a storage backend for the jmicron controller. But with so many of them out there, can this one be reliably detected to tell OMV when to use the specific backend?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV must be able to auto-detect and identify that device to set the correct smartctl -d parameter. There are several ways to do that.

1. Identification via sysfs/udev and model
    2. Identification via driver (makes no sense in this case)

So please open a feature request and provide all necessary information. Please check the following issues to find out what information is helpful.

I think the most important info is udevadm info -q all -a /dev/sdc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!