Borg plugin won't init a new repo or connect to an existing repo

• Hi. I've tried following the How-To for using the borgbackup plugin, trying to initialize a repo on a remote server, but I keep getting the same error message. For some reason, the command that the plugin tries works fine when I run it within the console--it fails only from within the plugin.

Here's what my plugin configuration looks like. (Sorry for the non-embedded image; newbie here...)

The error message says:

Code
    500 - Internal Server Error
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; BORG_PASSPHRASE='testrepo' /usr/bin/borg init --encryption=keyfile 'ssh://pi@[xxxxxxxxx].duckdns.org:7235/home/pi/testrepo' 2>&1' with exit code '2': Remote: Host key verification failed. Connection closed by remote host. Is borg working on the server?

However, when I run the exact same command within an ssh session, it works fine. Borg is installed on both machines. I have working authentication keys that allow me to ssh from the client into the server. Port forwarding is turned on, so I know that the duckdns IP address is working. And I've tried the same command using the internal ip address (192.168.xxx.14) but I get the same error.

Within the plugin, I've also checked the "Skip init" box and tried connecting to a repo that I'd already created within an ssh session, but I get a similar error.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or insights, please? Thanks for your help!

• Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is an ssh key issue. The plugin is running the command as root. Did you connect to the remote host as the root user on the OMV box? You should only need to do this once.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!