Fatal Error After Changing mntent in Config.xml

• I've had lots of trouble removing an external hard drive and migrating to a larger one. I had the old hard drive removed to the point where it was no longer referenced anywhere in the gui. However, when trying to mount the old hard drive's filesystem or when trying to create a new share on the new hard drive I ran into a bunch of errors. Several solutions encouraged removing the references to the old drives under mntent in config.xml. I did this but now I must have corrupted my config.xml because I am getting fatal errors in the web gui. See the screenshot below:

Fatal-Error

Of course I didn't know you could backup your config.xml and restore through omv-firstaid until I ran into this issue. Is there any way to save my OMV install? Or do I need to start over and reinstall? Thanks in advance.

• Of course I didn't know you could backup your config.xml and restore through omv-firstaid until I ran into this issue.

This is not possible. Where did you get this idea from?

Have you looked at the config.xml file near the line indicated in the error message for the mismatch?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In the future please post text in code boxes instead of pictures. And make a backup copy of that file before you edit it.

In your first pic, above </fstab> you have an extraneous <mntent>

I don't see anything glaringly wrong in the rest of the pics. Fix the first problem and see where that leads you.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In the future please post text in code boxes instead of pictures. And make a backup copy of that file before you edit it.

In your first pic, above </fstab> you have an extraneous <mntent>

I don't see anything glaringly wrong in the rest of the pics. Fix the first problem and see where that leads you.

Thank you gderf for saving my install! I was thinking I would have to redo everything! Your points about backing up config.xml in the future and posting in code instead of in screenshots are well taken. You have saved me a ton of time. Be blessed!

• macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!