OMV6 Unable to remote mount Zyxel NAS

• Hi,

Relatively new OMV6 install (cloned from a HDD to SDD). I'm trying to remote mount a Zyxel NAS326 in OMV6, but have having errors when applying the change. I've tried several iterations that have succeeded for others, but not working for me. (Options/ver 3 to 2, rebooting, refreshing etc). Could this possibly be a result of cloning my original install from a HDD to a SSD and the UUID is wrong?

After applying changing I get a big red box pop-up, only including the false ID.

Output of journalctl -xe

Code
    sudo blkid
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="b19d92a6-e2e0-4b5f-8a73-772915a100a1" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="b2aff62a-cf62-4adc-946c-bfbdec0a3361"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="071ed228-4729-40a6-9843-5dd0249af839" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d6df43fd-01"

Any ideas? Thanks.

• ramack

Hat den Titel des Themas von „OMV6 Unable to remote mount“ zu „OMV6 Unable to remote mount Zyxel NAS“ geändert.
  • ramack Did you check/tick the "fstab" option when you created the remote mount? It looks like it's optional in the plugin UI but I don't think it is . I don't know why you are seeing those time zone errors.

If there's any doubt your OMV6 can see your zyxel shares, you can always check that at the OMV CLI with a showmount command and or test whether it mounts at the CLI. I assumed you've picked NFS at the mount type for your remote mount - picking SMB/CIFS when you intend to use rsync can give serious perms headaches.

Once the remount is correctly mount it should show up under your filesystems.

• Did you check/tick the "fstab" option when you created the remote mount? It looks like it's optional in the plugin UI but I don't think it is . I don't know why you are seeing those time zone errors.

Yes, I checked the box with similar/same results.

No, I was using smb/cifs. NFS makes sense now that you point it out. But would that affect mounting?

• ramack Keep fstab selected and use NFS for this job. Don't select NFSv4 unless you are sure the zyxel NAS supports it. Whether you should be using rsize/wsize options is debatable. Once mounted you can then create a task with a rysnc command with the options you need. E,g, : syncing remote mount directory path to local absolute shared folder path.

As always taking care with permissions and sync to a test folder on OMV first. This just mimics the command you would executed at the CLI.

• Still getting errors. I'm thinking a fresh install might help, maybe just to eliminate any clone info that might be causing problems. Should I consider OMV5 instead of OMV6? The hardware isn't "new" but it's definitely not old. Lenovo mini form factor, Intel 3GHz. 4G RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I consider OMV5 instead of OMV6?

Definitely not. OMV 5 is EOL. OMV 6 doesn't have anymore hardware requirements than OMV 5 either.

omv 7.4.6-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.3 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ramack What are the errors? Please be more specific. You know how to mount a nfs share at the OMV6 CLI to test if OMV6 can see your zyxel shares? Check what zyxel NFS shares are visible to OMV6 at the CLI with:

Code
    showmount -e <ip of zyxel>

mount with:

Code
    mount -vvv -t nfs  <ip of zyxel>:/<sharename>  /mnt

umount /mnt  

The inclusion of the -vvv option will show the NFS version of export from the zyxel NAS..

If it mounts a the CLi you can check perms on zyxel. Assuming of course the zyxel has stored the data on a linux compat file system and not ntfs. Let's get the basics right and then set this up via OMv6 webui.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Krisbee () aus folgendem Grund: correct typos

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!