Container errors after moving docker location

• I recently had a disk failure that required me to move the location of Docker to another drive. I have my config files in a different "AppData" folder so at worst I have had to execute the docker compose files again. I am having some errors with a few of the containers. While trying to re-create Docker I copied over the existing Docker installation. I suspect that the "overlay2" folder had issues as I eventually had to exclude it from the copy as it was erroring out.

The errors seem to be somewhat similar. For example, Murmur is erroring out:

resulted in this:

Zitat

ERROR: for Murmur Cannot create container for service murmur: open /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/Docker/overlay2/59aa666136ad027d5ef4de282616fa10fffe4d06a3d451f5267995dcdd3241c2/link: no such file or directory

ERROR: for murmur Cannot create container for service murmur: open /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/Docker/overlay2/59aa666136ad027d5ef4de282616fa10fffe4d06a3d451f5267995dcdd3241c2/link: no such file or directory

ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Mariadb (which also worked fine before) had a similar issue:

Zitat

Building with native build. Learn about native build in Compose here: https://docs.docker.com/go/compose-native-build/

ERROR: stat /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/Docker/overlay2/36ae00f9c685ad098084c6107bab35d563fb2da27e626c60bd4a540acfd7c6c0: no such file or directory

• Please read https://hub.docker.com/r/goofball222/murmur and Guides

You need to specify a good persisten PATH to store config

and use apropiate PUID & GUID.

This is a working murmur.yaml file for my path

and this is my enviroment.env file:

Code
    ConfigPath=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-6f38f974-7aec-434a-815d-9101878af2e1/Data/dockers
    PUID=1001
    PGID=1000
    TZ=Europe/Madrid

and how to use this info?

easy, go to portainer stack, and use " + add stack":

then copy paste murmur.yaml file

them add the apropiate ( yours) enviroments variables (your PATH to store config, and your PUID & GUID to run docker:

finally deploy te stack.

and see if murmur is running:

update: my-net is my network for all my dockers, create it on:

• As always, thank you so much for taking the time to post this. This is a fantastic resource and I look forward to improving the way that I am creating these containers. I can definitely clean some things up.

So I corrected the file path issue - thank you for that, I had completely missed it.

But that didn't fix my issue. The issue seems to be related to the fact that I copied over some of the docker environment from a failing hard drive. Other containers had similar issues - I renamed the container name and things went smoothly. I am still having this issue. Any idea what might be causing it?

• thank you again for the help! Issuing a prune solved the problem. I had been refraining from doing it until I had all of the other containers running. Maybe that's a bit conservative but I am still learning in this area.

• muchgooder

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!