OMV6 - server with two network interfaces

• Hi,

my server has two physical network interfaces with different ip.

During installation I have chosen to use one for omv.

How can I set second one to be used by Docker?

I see on portainer that docker default use host network so my second network interface is unused.

• How can I set second one to be used by Docker?

Some reading material for you: how to set docker to use eth1 - Procurar (bing.com)

Since i don't have any device with 2x NICs, this is only a google search.

Read and see if you get lucky.

Just be sure to know how to revert any changes you make in case things go sideways.

• I have 3 NIC's in my system. I don't bother worrying about docker using a dedicated NIC as the containers are essentially just isolated apps that run on top of the underlying debian OS.

What I do use the extra ports for though are VM's. The ports are connected to the network but not activated in OMV. I can then give my VM's access to them and they appear as completely independent systems on the network and are not trying to access things as a virtual connection through an already initialize hardware NIC, which can occasionally cause issues with some network infrastructure, For all intents and purposes, the port acts like a "dumb" network switch for my VM's

• Hi,

my server has two physical network interfaces with different ip.

During installation I have chosen to use one for omv.

How can I set second one to be used by Docker?

I see on portainer that docker default use host network so my second network interface is unused.

I have OMV6 server with single NIC with dual port, Intel 82576 chips in PCIe (make sure it is Intel and not Realtek chip). and I use Netgear GS308T 8 port managed smart network switch. I created in OMV "bond" interface using mode 802.3ad (LACP) and on switch I created "trunk" using both ports and connecting NAS server to the switch with 2 CAT5e cables. Using this method you will not increase connection speed but you will increase bandwidth. Works great for multi user, multiple access to your NAS drives and if one port dies you will not loose network connection.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!