How to bind WEBUI to specific network interface

• I'm not against changing the kvm plugin to allow creating networks from any network interface on the system. Should be a relatively easy change.

I don't think it's needed. Editabled macaddress field on the vlan network configuration would just solve the problem. But I'd like to also know how to move on with that saltstack :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Editabled macaddress field on the vlan network configuration would just solve the problem

I maintain the plugin and not OMV though.

** edit -- I just looked and the plugin already enumerates all network interfaces on the system. Mine is showing docker network interfaces in the list.

But I'd like to also know how to move on with that saltstack

There isn't a way to add saltstack code without hardcoding the mac addresses. At that point, you might as well just maintain the netplan files.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• There isn't a way to add saltstack code without hardcoding the mac addresses. At that point, you might as well just maintain the netplan files.

that's not a problem to hardcode macaddress there. In the end it must be somewhere. The thing is that I'm trying to understand what are the incoming values I can use in that salttack so I can properly play with that. Normally I'd use that command I mentioned in that post but it's not working so I don't know what's available.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!