After upgrading to OMV6 folders won't show the cust icon anymore

• Hi everyone,

with OMV5 I changed the icon of some folder on Windows. In the SMB share there was a settings to let it show custom icon.

After upgrading the folders all have the default icon and I can't find the setting to enable custom folder in OMV6.

Do you know how can I enable them again? :(

UPDATE: solver by updating folderico from 6.1 to 7.0.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Never heard about such an option. Is this an SMB configuration setting that was added in the extra options field?

Please note that SMB has been upgraded from Debian 10 to 11, so maybe that option is not available anymore.

• There was an option in the Samba plug-in, not sure if in the general settings or in the option of the single share.

I also found this:

Zitat

On a Samba share (Unix implementation of SMB/network share protocol) you will also need these additional steps, because by default Samba do not store folder attributes.

1. First make sure Samba stores DOS-style permissions (like "read only"), by adding this line on your share definition (/etc/samba/smb.conf):
      store dos attributes = yes
    2. Restart Samba (sudo service samba restart)

I think the option was to enable DOS-style permissions

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Blabla

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!