Additional own Python script

• Hi and a Happy New Year!

I would like to run an own script on the OMV server. In my case I would like to monitor and log the values of a photovoltaik system. I wrote a script in Python, so my question is how to implement such type of own script on OMV? Is there any guideline existing already? I was not able to find it so far...

Of course, I'm not restricted to Python if there is a smart way to run an own program in the background on OMV. I just want to use the already running NAS computer ...

Thank you all for helping!

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV uses python. OMV uses saltstack which uses python as well. Both are sensitive to updating/changing python libs. I highly recommend using docker/lxc/VM to run your script to keep from altering something on the OMV host.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I integrate a custom docker container without problems? Or do I have to respect special guidelines?

What do you mean by integrate? There is no issue executing docker containers.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!