NFS issue (stale file handle)

• Hi,

I manage to create a NFS share with OMV and permissions seems OK.

I can mount it, create files (touch) and folders.

But, I got an issue with folder. The folder is created correctly but if I do, just after, a "ls dir", I get a "Stale file handle".

On the server side, the NFS config is as follow :

Code
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
    /export/NAS 192.168.1.8/32(fsid=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx,rw,subtree_check,insecure,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=100)

# NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root
    /export 192.168.1.8/32(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

Any ideas of what it could be please ?

It's 100% reproductible on my system... whatever directory I create, I got this error.

Thanks.

• See if this makes any sense.

• See if this makes any sense.

Thanks for the share, I will have a look at these long explanations and try to understand because, to be honest, I a total newbie on NFS.

I’m just trying it for the 1st time due to issues I have with SMB. And this kind of errors just at the beginning are not really motivating.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've had this issue on my Linux clients a couple times... doesn't happen very often. I tend to believe it's a client issue more than a server issue.

Honestly the very easy solution?

Make sure the share is unmounted on your client (if you have to force unmount it because it's missing, do so)

Uncheck enable, save.

After it saves give it a moment, check enable, then save again.

Give it a moment, then mount your NFS share again

• Thanks for your advises.

Unfortunately, even after these steps :

- Unmount (no need to force)

- Disabling NFS service

- Removing share

- Apply on OMV

- Enabling NFS

- Creating share

The issue is exactly the same.

• Well, after searches, readings, searches, readings, I think I found the reason here : https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/issues/331

It's seems that I'm facing the exact same issue with the exact same desing :

Proxmox (ZFS pool) => 9p => VM (KVM) with OMV. And I'm trying to activate NFS on OMV on top of the 9p FS.

Looks like it's not possible, so I'll do another way.

Proxmox (ZFS pool) => bind mount => Container (LXC) => NFS sharing (without OMV I think...)

Hopefully, it will work this way.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!