Sharing a tool for cellphone push notifications

• Update 2:

I committed the tool in my github: https://github.com/axelyamel01/OMVPushInterface

Feel free to test it. I wrote a README guide for how to use it. I hope it is simple enough, if not, feel free to reply this post or contact me. Any comment is welcome too!

Update 1:

I searched for a while and it seems I'm good to go. Since I'm just using the python package as dependency and not modifying anything, neither shipping it, then there is no issue. Will update the thread once I upload the tool in github if someone wants to try it. Most likely over the weekend. Thanks everyone.

Original post:

Hi everyone,

I recently built a tool that collects data from the system and send a push notification to my cellphone. It collects if there is an update or if the cpu reached a critical temperature and then sends a notification if needed through Simplepush API. The Simplepush app receives a the message and displays the notification. The tool was written in python. I tried to design it in a way that if someone want to add more functionalities (e.g. someone logged into the system, or X application crashed) then they can be added without many hassles.

My question is, would be OK if I share this tool through my github? I'm not sure if there is any legal issue that needs to be attended first. The API from Simplepush seems to be free and opensource (https://github.com/simplepush). Also, I mention OMV in the README, strings, and variable names. Do I need to add any disclaimer in the README? Or would be enough mentioning that "this is OMV link, and the tool use Simplepush API, which is owned by XYZ and this is the link"?

This is the first time I'm sharing a tool I developed and would like to make sure it is done properly and I give the credits to the proper parties. Thanks for your help.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von axelyamel () aus folgendem Grund: Question answered.

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • axelyamel

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

• ryecoaaron

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!