Permissions error with Portainer after the OMV-extras change

• I've been following the instructions here and got Portainer running fine, but I have the Pending configuration changes banner showing. When I confirm it, I get this error instead of a successful configuration change.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't use an ntfs filesystem for compose file storage (or anything else on Linux that requires a native linux filesystem). No reason to use ntfs on OMV at all other than temporary file transfer.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The reason is to maintain compatibility with Windows, should I need to move the drive to my PC to transfer a large amount of files to my NAS, like my media.

I suppose the answer is that I should set up a Compose folder on my SD card instead.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The reason is to maintain compatibility with Windows, should I need to move the drive to my PC to transfer a large amount of files to my NAS, like my media.

I suppose the answer is that I should set up a Compose folder on my SD card instead.

My answer would be: unmount the hard drive from the PC and mount it on the NAS.

Actually the primary utility of a NAS (Network Attached Storage) is to be the storage center. So it doesn't make sense to have large amount of data on a PC. Therefore it should never be necessary to do that operation.

For many years (I would say more than 15) none of my PCs/laptops/smartphones have stored information of any kind other than the operating system itself.

We give other utilities to the NAS, since it can be done, we do it. But don't lose sight of the main goal.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your docker files and volumes shouldn't be on an SD card and shouldn't be on windows filesystem. If you had to transfer large amount of files to Windows, you would be better off to plug your windows drive into the server and copy than the other way around.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!