Problem while installing OMV from USB Drive

• Thanks for that!
    Unfortunately Linuxliveusb is an Windows-Tool.
    I have no Windows-Machine at home. Only Mac.

In the end Unetbootin for Mac worked fine for me!

FYI:
    After setting up some Network-Parameters at the WebGUI of OMV the Ethernet-Card in /etc/network/interfaces changed back to "eth0".
    Had to change again to "eth1".
    Hope for the last time.

grtz

• Already tried it. Can I edit the network interface? So i would do it like this: Conenct SSD to the pc where the isntallatio worked, edit the network interface to the mac-adress of the nic from my nas, connect ssd to nas, start.
    Is this possible? If yes, how?

• To edit the Network Interface you do not have to chande the SSD.

In the shell, login with root and the password you choosed during installation.

Then type

Code
    nano /etc/network/interfaces

there you can change the interface.
    To save the File with nano you have to type "Ctrl+O" and Enter.
    Then quit nano with "Ctrl+X".

I dont know if that works for you. What is OMV shown you after type "ifconfig -a" into the shell?

• Enabled
    Auto
    Enabled

Before the nas starts, there are some errors:
    usb 2-1: device not accepting adress 2, error -110
    usb 2-1: device not accepting adress 3, error -110
    usb 2-1: device not accepting adress 4, error -110

then it boots. I tried 2 USB keyboards.

• My settings:

Enabled
    Enabled
    Enabled

Under "Startup" -> CSM Settings (Last Option under Startup) I have following Settings:
    Active
    Only Legacy
    Only Legacy
    Only Legacy

But I have an PS/2 Keyboard! Maybe the USB-Keyboard may not work?!

• I read that FreeNAS had the problem too with the Q1900 Board, but a user made a fix for it.
    The problem is that i want to use OMV and not FreeNAS :mrgreen:

• This is one possible solution, the other would be to delete the udev rule under /etc/udev/ for networking and reboot which sets your eth device back to eth0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "vTali"

I have to insert the ssd in the PC, because the keyboard doesn't work in my nas. Does yours work?

Switch your SSD to your working PC, delete the file mentioned in my previous post above, shutdown, plugin your SSD into your NAS and let it boot. Fixed.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You're welcome.

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

This is one possible solution, the other would be to delete the udev rule under /etc/udev/ for networking and reboot which sets your eth device back to eth0.

Greetings
    David

What file exactly do you mean to delete?

Under /etc/udev/ there are 3 files on my system.

- hdparm.rules
    - links.conf
    - udev.conf

Also one directory named "rules.d"

What file has to be deleted?

My problem is OMV only shows statistics from "eth0", so i cant see any statistics because my system runs under "eth1". But its not shown up in the Systeminformations. Only eth0...

Thank you very much!

• In the rules.d folder, (can't remember it 100%), is a file for networking. This has to be deleted and the system rebooted. As you can see it worked just fine for vTali. ;)

Greetings
    David

• I also got the problem with the ASRock Q-1900ITX Board and the Installer of OMV.

The first problem was to find a working keyboard, it worked in the bios and the boot menu but when I went further to the Debian Installer the USB Keyboard didn't work. An Adapter USB to PS2 solved the problem and the Keyboard is now working very well.

The second problem where I'm still stuck is the "Detect and mount CD-ROM" problem because I'm trying to install from an usb-stick. I tried several sticks and non of them worked. Because I don't have a regular PC, I just have a Laptop with Win7, is there another option than putting the NAS OS Disk into the Laptop and install OMV on the Laptop and putting it afterwards into the NAS?

€dit:
    After several times of changing the harddisks, OMV is now finally working with my ASRock Q1900-ITX. I had to install OMV on my Laptop, where I integrated the future NAS Disk first and removed the regular harddisk. After Installing I put the harddisk back into the NAS and the third problem occured. No network connection when the harddisk was installed in the NAS, but it worked while the disk was installed inside the Laptop. After searching this forum I found these posts that helped me out:

and the solution for this problem:

big thanks to everyone who posted solutions in this forum.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!