Repair degraded zraid in GUI

• Is there a way to repair a degraded zfs zraid pool from the GUI, or does it need to be done via the command line? (Dead drive for example)

**NOTE** Not an emergency. I am just testing. I put this here as I know some people have lost important data, and time may be critical. That is not the case here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to repair a degraded zfs zraid pool from the GUI

Nope.

does it need to be done via the command line?

Yep.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Its not really that hard, managed to do one in my test rebuild. Was kind of surprised at the time it took. 3 min to resilver a zraid1 150GB or so, with less then a GB of data, on an nvme drive. All virtual drives in a VM mind you, but with less then 1 GB of data, I suspected it would take a few seconds.

So that brings up the next question. Does the time it takes to resilver depend on the size of the pool, or the ammount of data stored on it.

For example, will a pool that is 10 TB in size, and only has 100 GB of data on it take more or less than a pool that is 1TB in size, and has, say 700 GB of data on it to resilver?

• Offizieller Beitrag

or the ammount of data stored on it

Exactly this, but it's also dependant on the data's fragmentation, but if you're looking for something specific related to time there isn't one, it can take hours, days, weeks

• Exactly this, but it's also dependant on the data's fragmentation, but if you're looking for something specific related to time there isn't one, it can take hours, days, weeks

No, I know there is nothing specific, or even really general on the amount of time, which seems kind of crazy.. You think they would have a formula or something that could lead to something with at least a range.. 'rebuilding should take between 2 and 5 days'. I would be very frustrating to do something that was not 100% necessary expecting it to take 2-3 hours, and have it take 2-3 weeks...

I was basically just looking to know if it was pool size, or data sized that determined the rebuild time.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was basically just looking to know if it was pool size, or data sized that determined the rebuild time

It's the amount of data on the pool + how badly fragmented that data is, so smaller files will probably be more fragmented than say larger media files.

If you do google search for what you are looking for you'll probably come across threads from Truenas which uses zfs as it's core, even in that forum there is no definitive answer

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!